Global shipping program

The place for Ebay related Subbuteo topics (excluding auction advertising).
Flash
Semi-Pro

Global shipping program

Post by Flash » 16 Oct 2014, 10:26

Just had an email about ebay's Global Shipping Program.

More info: http://sellercentre.ebay.co.uk/using-gl ... -programme" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not sure if anyone's seen this before.

I must admit, I'm always put off from selling to overseas because of the hassle of establishing the price, and sorting it out. This seems like a fairly decent way of handling it, and would make people like me more likely to sell stuff to overseas.

Saxony
Professional

Re: Global shipping program

Post by Saxony » 09 Jun 2015, 11:44

Anyone had any experience of it?

lloydie1109
Seasoned Professional

Post by lloydie1109 » 09 Jun 2015, 17:10

I know a mate tried it, easier in one way, but items take longer than normal post to arrive, which lead to complaints from buyers.
On the plus side, no parcels go missing

Focus On
Grand Master

Post by Focus On » 09 Jun 2015, 17:43

load of bollox, post arrives as post does, no courier, no special favours...just the reg girl who dels my goodies

pauls right though i had sommat come via it, took a week longer than usual so...
Bored to FLICK

takis2003
Seasoned Professional

Post by takis2003 » 17 Jun 2015, 09:38

I am mainly a buyer on eBay, so I don't have any experience of this program from a seller's perspective, but I noticed that for deliveries outside the UK, the shipping costs seem to be higher than normal (when compared with ISF deliveries). I suppose this program should offer piece of mind to the seller, but the higher shipping costs may deter a prospective buyer from making a bid on such listings.
1 to 100 HW series now completed. :fadein:

All HW national teams references now collected. :D

What should be next? :roll:

Saxony
Professional

Post by Saxony » 17 Jun 2015, 15:09

Thanks Takis - it doesn't surprise me that ebay a taking an extra cut for themselves from the programme.

Peace of mind, when shipping to certain countries is attractive, but as you point out, not so good if the cost is prohibitive.

takis2003
Seasoned Professional

Post by takis2003 » 17 Jun 2015, 15:20

I just noticed that "peace" was spelled as "piece" in my post. As it was, of course, unintentional and an obvious mistake :-\, I hope I am not reprimanded by Richard (lionofludesch). :lol:
1 to 100 HW series now completed. :fadein:

All HW national teams references now collected. :D

What should be next? :roll:

Saxony
Professional

Post by Saxony » 31 Mar 2016, 10:03

Have sent a couple of large items to Europe using the GSP and all seems to have worked fine (postage would have been ridiculous or impossible due to size). However, just had my first 'buyer' coming back to me and trying to get round the system - (did he not know ebay's charges?) .... no need to say where he's from ;)

Focus On
Grand Master

Post by Focus On » 01 Apr 2016, 08:47

Italy or Pluto...both uninhabitable imho
Bored to FLICK

Focus On
Grand Master

Post by Focus On » 01 Apr 2016, 08:48

as a buyer postage always seems sky high through this programme too...
Bored to FLICK

ian_tambo
Seasoned Professional

Post by ian_tambo » 10 May 2016, 15:06

Tried the GSP recently (posted to Italy). Buyer received goods in good time and was happy with the comms issued. I noticed the cost was a lot more than what I would have charged for posting (13.00) where as I would have set postage at £10.00 for Int signed for.

barrychuckle
Seasoned Professional

Post by barrychuckle » 10 May 2016, 15:36

Do you have to take the item to the post office to send it to the global shipping centre? Where is the centre based? Does the buyer get charged the costs for you sending it to the global shipping centre then from the centre to their address? Surely it is cheaper and quicker to send through Royal Mail directly to your buyer.

Focus On
Grand Master

Post by Focus On » 10 May 2016, 16:13

Tell you this, they OPEN THE PARCEL YOU SEND THEM, if it gets broken or dropped good luck with proving it

also their re-wraping techniques leave a lot to be desired, i've had about 6 slot cars come to Slovakia, ALL OPENED AND RECLOSED by them and the price they charged me for their 'service' (LOFL) is a p1sstake, so hence i dont buy anything now that goes thru this programme, also a few things turned up broken...
i would STRONGLY RECOMMEND any buyers to avoid sellers using this method when the normal RMSF system is cheaper and un-interfered with
Bored to FLICK

barrychuckle
Seasoned Professional

Post by barrychuckle » 10 May 2016, 17:19

It mentions on ebay that the customs side of things is taken care of. I can gather, Mark, from your post that this involves opening parcels then re-wrapping them. I would assume this only applies to non EU countries. It seems they must have to charge a high price to cover their costs. Seems an absolutely barmy way to post overseas. I suspect sellers who use this method must have low star ratings for postage costs.

Saxony
Professional

Post by Saxony » 10 May 2016, 19:05

It does seem mad, but for very large items it is a good solution I think - send it Hermes to ebay distribution centre and they'll ship it - sending oversize items abroad is either impossible or silly money as far as I know

Return to “Subbuteo on Ebay”