Italian buyers

The place for Ebay related Subbuteo topics (excluding auction advertising).
barrychuckle
Seasoned Professional

Italian buyers

Postby barrychuckle » 17 Dec 2016, 21:57

Why do these thick Tw@ts not realise it's Christmas therefore items will take much longer to arrive. However they still question why the item was not delivered two days before they even paid for it. Six not received item cases opened against me in the past week. Have you got a tracking number the pricks ask, what for £2.99 postage you want an effing tracking number as well, for an item that cost a couple of pounds. It's not my fault that the Italian postal service recruits the dregs of the earth to deliver the post at this time of year they must be stealing hundreds of items on a daily basis. Then you get the old classic wait for nearly 60 days and open an item not received case well if you're that desperate for £4.85 have it on me. Needless to say I no longer deal with Italian buyers. Unless of course you want to buy a 99p item and pay £8.00 shipping well be my guest :dickhead:

caffer
Apprentice

Re: Italian buyers

Postby caffer » 17 Dec 2016, 22:32

It's a nightmare. Almost not worth the hassle now. I had 5 in a week 2 weeks ago. I'd sent tracked too and they still opened cases when it said they were in Italy waiting delivery!!

lloydie1109
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber

Postby lloydie1109 » 18 Dec 2016, 08:28

The thing is Mark, ebay says it will be there, so that is the cause of a lot of grief for buyers.
Also the Italian postal service is slow and poor

Focus On
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber

Postby Focus On » 18 Dec 2016, 09:34

A small help Mark is to put longest delivery time in your ads, i choose Standard International postage which is something like an estimate of 2 to 4 weeks, however i dont send that way i send first class recorded, which usually gets to Italy within a week....the advantage is they cannot put in a claim of non del till after the estimated time has elapsed, ie 4 weeks, by then the items ALWAYS arrived
This way it puts them off trying it on because basically they can't, by the time someone does try it, and this HAS happened, i've got them banged to rights with a screen grab showing item delivered.
I always get alarm bells if a punter asks me to send non recorded, and if they are insistant i simply cancel the sale....this infuriates them and they pay within the hour usually :wink: ....however this is my legal right and reason given is always 'cannot confirm id or address of buyer'

hope this helps, i've had not one claim this year
Tatran Presov Hooligans 'C' Section!!

barrychuckle
Seasoned Professional

Postby barrychuckle » 18 Dec 2016, 18:19

Thanks for the advice Mark. Very good idea to extend the delivery estimate. I'm so busy with subbuteo sales at the moment that I don't need the Italian custom. However when things quieten down in the spring/summer I'll let them buy from me again then exclude them from November onwards. It's time to use them rather than letting them abuse me. There's something very satisfying about selling items and knowing that there aren't going to be problems further down the line.

lloydie1109
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber

Postby lloydie1109 » 19 Dec 2016, 10:18

One thing I have found with selling to Italy, is to ask the buyer for his work/business address if you think there will be problems ahead.
The Italian postal service is awful, leaving parcels on the doorstep of houses etc

Focus On
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber

Postby Focus On » 19 Dec 2016, 12:40

Risky legally Paul as you are sending to an uncertified address, ie not the buyers registered Ebay/Paypal addy

Focus On
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber

Postby Focus On » 19 Dec 2016, 12:46

Thanks for the advice Mark. Very good idea to extend the delivery estimate. I'm so busy with subbuteo sales at the moment that I don't need the Italian custom. However when things quieten down in the spring/summer I'll let them buy from me again then exclude them from November onwards. It's time to use them rather than letting them abuse me. There's something very satisfying about selling items and knowing that there aren't going to be problems further down the line.
Yep its only the estimated del time you are extending, NOT the actual del time...most are very pleased when they are expecting a two-three week wait and it arrives within 5 working days, so it actually has a productive seller/buyer relationship benefit too.
Of course those that expected to be able to pull a fast claim are disappointed, but i won't lose sleep over their mis-intentions you know?
A genuine good buyer will come back time and time again IF the method of delivery is fast and secure, giving peace of mind both ends.
Only a bad buyer will want a lesser service, luckily recorded in Slovakia is fairly cheap worldwide.
Also if someone does try to put it a claim it says ''the item was sent tracked and to be patient'', though i fully understand that some people have no patience whatsoever...

lloydie1109
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber

Postby lloydie1109 » 19 Dec 2016, 12:53

Risky legally Paul as you are sending to an uncertified address, ie not the buyers registered Ebay/Paypal addy
True, but the message remains in the ebay system, showing they gave you the amended address, so they cannot argue about it, its just this way the parcel is not left outside for any wassock to lift it

barrychuckle
Seasoned Professional

Postby barrychuckle » 21 Dec 2016, 09:52

Another 3 cases opened against me today. Two Italian and one Spanish all got tracking numbers all have arrived in their respective countries. Why can't these idiots be a bit more patient at this time of the year. My whole collection is now for sale viewing welcome in Southampton I no longer need this crap in my life. Going back to selling vintage board games no international postage required.

lloydie1109
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber

Postby lloydie1109 » 21 Dec 2016, 11:20

Certain European postal services are awful, but the buyer always blames the seller, its as if they expect you to personally deliver items at times

barrychuckle
Seasoned Professional

Postby barrychuckle » 21 Dec 2016, 11:33

It's a great shame that the country with the greatest following of subbuteo happens to have the most corrupt postal service in the world.

lloydie1109
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber

Postby lloydie1109 » 21 Dec 2016, 11:38

Its true Mark, luckily I have had only 2 go astray there this year and low value ones, and lucky for me one of the buyers accepted the facts, the other said I was to blame, madness. Even though a picture of the postal ticket was sent to him, he said it was not shipped

Focus On
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber

Postby Focus On » 21 Dec 2016, 17:04

Extend auction estimated del times lads, it should be enough to stop unnecessary early claims

barrychuckle
Seasoned Professional

Postby barrychuckle » 14 Jan 2017, 10:16

After a short ban I relented and allowed Italian bidders to bid again. We are now back to the same shenanigans. It coincides with the bad weather recently experienced in Europe. Three cases opened in the past 24 hours items not received. Currently I am having to refund overseas buyers between £50 - £100 a month this has to stop I am not a charity nor a mug. Yes I will say it I believe some overseas buyers are receiving their items and claiming non delivery. Therefore on all my listings I will post worldwide but buyer to contact me for costs. Therefore my regulars will get the same service but new buyers will have to pay tracked and signed even on items costing £1. To be honest I hope I never get an overseas buyer again.

Return to “Subbuteo on Ebay”