Trouble Brewing Me Thinks

The place for Ebay related Subbuteo topics (excluding auction advertising).
Vikash
Grand Master

Trouble Brewing Me Thinks

Postby Vikash » 22 Sep 2017, 09:45

Hi fellas,

I sold unpainted LW figures to a woman from Italy. Zero feedback which I only noticed now. She wants me to leave feedback for her before she negs me I suspect :wink: Here is the correspondence (read from the bottom up please):

New message to: antonia251263

Hi Maria,
I am happy you have received the item. The shipping method was standard airmail registered post, which is what I offer everyone. It is the most efficient way of posting from South Africa because it has a tracking number.
Thank you again for your purchase and for letting me know you received the parcel.
Kind regards,
Vikash.

New message from: antonia251263 (123 )

Finally, with the help of my friend and some waste of time and extra expenses, I managed to get the item. As I'm away from home, I will release the feedback after checking the item around mid October. I'm a bit unhappy of shipping method and communications, however please release your feedback, after that I will release mine, positive with some suggestions/remarks. Thanks and regards. Maria Antonia.

New message to: antonia251263

Hi Maria,
I hope you are well.
I only saw this message below now, but will also add that you did not ask me to add the name Rita Faravelli on the parcel, which I would have done happily. Can you show me where you asked me to add the name "Rita Faravelli"? I certainly don't have that message. It does not appear below, and does not appear on the PayPal payment page either.
Thank you again for your purchase.
Kind regards,
Vikash.

antonia251263

Dear friend, this is just to inform you that the parcel arrived in Italy, but unfortunately the name of receiver on it is not correct. According to Italian mail, shupment was addressed to me (Maria Antonia Mocellin) c/o the address of my friend Rita Faravelli, instead of being addressed to Rita Faravelli without mentioning my name as per my instructions upon ordering. Reception desk refused the shipment as they don't know my name, now I'm trying to get shipment anyway as it looks it has been returned to post office close to my friend's address. The problem is that presently I'm 300 miles away from there. What I'm asking you is to check whether, in addition to my name, also the name of my friend Rita Faravelli was shown on the parcel or not. Thanks and regards. Maria Antonia

vikkinca:

Hi Maria,
Sure. The tracking number is RJ037666980ZA.
You will have to get on the South African Post Office website to track the parcel.
Thank you again.
Kind Regards,
Vikash.

antonia251263

Hello there, can you please advise tracking number of despatch? Don t know whether it will be useful for me, however I would like to try to trace shipment.
Thanks in advance and best regards.
Maria Antonia

Thanks very much for your advice. As soon as items will arrive, my husband will be happy and busy, as this is his birthday gift. He has got 50 teams already and after painting he will reach 60. Have a nice weekend. Maria Antonia.
How about them transparent dangling carrots
How about that ever elusive kudo

Vikash
Grand Master

Re: Trouble Brewing Me Thinks

Postby Vikash » 22 Sep 2017, 09:47

Here is the link to the item sold:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/282604391605?ul_noapp=true

Vikash
Grand Master

Postby Vikash » 22 Sep 2017, 09:51

The address on the PayPal Payment Notification page:

maria antonia mocellin
via F. Nava, 27/A
c/o portineria
I-20159 MILANO MI
Italia

Nothing about any Rita Faravelli :?

Vikash
Grand Master

Postby Vikash » 22 Sep 2017, 09:56

Apologies, I see she has about 123 positive feedback when you actually click on the user ID.

Focus On
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber

Postby Focus On » 01 Oct 2017, 09:04

I hate these c/o addresses, always leads to trouble Vik

Prob is as a seller ive been asked many times to send to addresses other than the registered address
Tatran Presov Hooligans 'C' Section!!

Vikash
Grand Master

Postby Vikash » 01 Oct 2017, 09:45

I agree, Mark. I've never had a problem before with sending to another address. I have had people send stuff to my sister in the UK if they thought sending to SA was out of the question, so thought it would not be right if I denied someone else this favour. I guess you can't trust everyone is going to be happy.

In this case, however, the lady did not inform me of marking the parcel for the attention of someone else. I used the name and address on the PayPal payment notification. Now it gets to the address but cannot be accepted because the name of the recipient is a long way from the receiving address (the name being that of the purchaser herself).

She wants me to leave positive feedback for her first before she leaves feedback for me. She clearly is unhappy, through no fault of mine, and I know that if I leave positive feedback for her, she most likely won't do the same for me.

duncthehat
Seasoned Professional

Postby duncthehat » 01 Oct 2017, 22:38

I would be tempted to just leave a positive feedback and be done. Not as if you can do anything if she leaves a negative. False postive can get you suspended if reported. She hasnt ever left a negative yet on ebay.

Vikash
Grand Master

Postby Vikash » 02 Oct 2017, 04:55

I would be tempted to just leave a positive feedback and be done. Not as if you can do anything if she leaves a negative. False postive can get you suspended if reported. She hasnt ever left a negative yet on ebay.
If I leave a positive and she negs me, even though I am blameless, that would not be right, either, mate.

lloydie1109
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber

Postby lloydie1109 » 02 Oct 2017, 10:20

Dont do anything Vik, or you could be playing into her hands

Focus On
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber

Postby Focus On » 02 Oct 2017, 11:19

Best way, say nothing more do nothing more and wait, if shes gonna neg u she will anyway...if you hold out with feedback maybe she'll think twice

Vikash
Grand Master

Postby Vikash » 13 Oct 2017, 04:49

Now I am really confused:

New message from: antonia251263 (124 )

Dear Sir, I sent you a couple of messages outside ebay and it looks you did not reply to me. Missing any reply within one day from now, I warn you I will be compelled to release a non-positive feedback, at least as far as shipment and communications are concerned.
Regards
Maria Antonia

Your previous message
Excellent! I am glad that has been cleared up, and the items were received. But please consider letting me know of your special posting requirements. These were not relayed to me, or I would have obliged. Please also remember that a receiving name is very important when sending a parcel from my country. There was also only your name on the PayPal receipt, not your friend's. The address was accompanied only by your name.
Have a good day.
Regards,
Vikash.

antonia251263:
Please disregard other today's messages as I had problems with connection.
Well, I checked order of payment and so on, and everywhere the delivery address is shown as Rita Faravelli (my friend's name), via Nava, 27/A, I-20159 Milano, Italy (my friend's address), as I'm far from home till mid October. Instead, parcel was shipped to Maria Antonia Mocellin, via Nava, 27/A, I-20159 Milano, Italy, and this did not comply with my requirement. The problem is that my name is unknown at via Nava 27/A and reception desk refused the parcel. I suppose that your automatic shipping system included my name as consignee, also replacing the name of my friend, in fact parcel was shipped to me at my friend's address. Parcel was returned to nearest post office, but being addressed to Maria Antonia Mocellin, post office did not released it to my friend. She had to mail to me a special authorization form for me to sign with original signature, to be returned by registered mail to my friend, who has to take it to post office together with other documents to obtain the parcel. This meant some waste of time and some additional expenses for despatching authorization to my friend. I did not ask you to add Rita Faravelli, simply my name had not to be mentioned on the parcel. Hope this clarifies what has happened. However, items arrived and this is most important thing. Kind regards. Maria Antonia

Vikash
Grand Master

Postby Vikash » 13 Oct 2017, 04:53

I did not receive any messages from her outside of eBay. I seriously don't know what she is on about. The bottom line is she received the items. Please read the last line of what I have shared above. The fact that she had to travel so far to receive them is none of my concern. I used the address given. How am I to know she had an arrangement with someone else. Crazy!

Vikash
Grand Master

Postby Vikash » 13 Oct 2017, 05:17

I sent the following two replies. Maybe I should not have sent the second, but I am quite annoyed by this:

Hi Maria Antonio,
I sent you the reply below.
I have not received any messages from you outside of eBay. Can you resend them? What email address did you use?
Kind regards,
Vikash.

Dear Maria,
This is my second message to you today.
Records will show that I have communicated well, and I always do so via eBay, not outside of eBay.
I always leave feedback after the buyer has left feedback for me. I have an excellent 100% record. If you leave negative feedback then I will reply with the same. You have received the item, and claim below that that is the most important thing.
I have also recorded this issue on the Subbuteo Forum for all to see. It can be easily and amicably resolved.
Have a good day.
Regards,
Vikash.

Focus On
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber

Postby Focus On » 13 Oct 2017, 07:41

2nd is ok......mine would've gone 'look here you idiot split ar-se...'

Vikash
Grand Master

Postby Vikash » 13 Oct 2017, 08:26

2nd is ok......mine would've gone 'look here you idiot split ar-se...'
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I received the following reply:

"I sent my messages to mail address connected with your paypal account, i.e. vbt@iafrica.com. You can't leave a negative feedback to me as I did everything in the right way, while you did not. You have got to justify any negative feedback. I also will reply over Subbuteo forum if forced to. I received items but I had extra charges, waste of time and also I had to ask some favours to my friend. You did not admit you are wrong, nor propose any refund, nor you apologize. For me your apologies would have been enough, instead you threaten some actions against me. This is not fair. However please read my messages, if you can't manage to find them simply give me another email address, I sent same outside ebay because of type of message not supported by ebay messages. Meantime here are pics of order and of your envelope. Sure the matter can be solved friendly, now it's up to you.
regards."

I truly have no idea what I've done wrong. I would apologize if I did do something wrong but I posted it to the address I was presented with. There is no message from this woman that I have managed to find with a note asking me to make the recipient her friend. I have asked her for this message but she has not provided me with it. I've gone through them a couple of times.

The email address she mentions above is correct, but I have not received any messages from her at all, or I would definitely have responded.

This really is so unnecessary. It is clear she wants a refund of sorts even though she has received the item.

Return to “Subbuteo on Ebay”