The nightmare continues

The place for Ebay related Subbuteo topics (excluding auction advertising).
Paul
Apprentice

Re: The nightmare continues

Post by Paul » 09 Feb 2018, 14:55

Personally, I'd prefer to see them with the sleeves fully painted, but it seems to be fashionable to paint long sleeved figures with short sleeves.
Carpet football sucks.

Focus On
Grand Master

Post by Focus On » 09 Feb 2018, 15:49

albertocollection wrote:
09 Feb 2018, 13:14
Why is it a problem ?
No, no there is no problem ! People spend their money as they prefer, specially buying collectable items !
I just wonder, as Mark does, why these kind of teams reach so high evaluations. Recently on the same media I have seen beautiful and quite rare original HW to go for much less.
Mark, in particular has made really BEAUTIFUL Santiago teams, sold with a full coloured named box matching the team... I haven't seen these prices on them!!!!
I'd be even more amazed if my teams went this high again, i just dont understand how something non original can fetch such a high price..i
I always buy 'anything' with a voice in my head shouting 'RESALE VALUE?'...if its original you can think your moneys safe but a self paint in my opinion has little resale value, or even primary value...i sell my teams on buy it nows for £14.99 which i think is a reflective price for what the buyer is buying.

She/he paints very neatly but its effectively the same product, and before anyone shouts 'jealous' let me say three things

1.I hate lws and wouldnt paint on them as a canvas if i was guaranteed £40 a team, i hate them :angry:
2.I don't need the money i have no mortgage/rent outgoings anymore
3.I have had my teams reach 30's and 40's a team when they were on open bids and i was at first pleased and then bemused as to why..

this lady gets 60-80...why?...shes no better a painter than Mark Parker or Callum Westwood or Ogi

I mean £64 for 2017 Cambodia??..c'mon..... :wink: :wink:
Bored to FLICK

HSV66
Forum Newbie

Post by HSV66 » 09 Feb 2018, 16:21

Focus On wrote:
09 Feb 2018, 15:49
albertocollection wrote:
09 Feb 2018, 13:14
Why is it a problem ?
No, no there is no problem ! People spend their money as they prefer, specially buying collectable items !
I just wonder, as Mark does, why these kind of teams reach so high evaluations. Recently on the same media I have seen beautiful and quite rare original HW to go for much less.
Mark, in particular has made really BEAUTIFUL Santiago teams, sold with a full coloured named box matching the team... I haven't seen these prices on them!!!!
I'd be even more amazed if my teams went this high again, i just dont understand how something non original can fetch such a high price..i
I always buy 'anything' with a voice in my head shouting 'RESALE VALUE?'...if its original you can think your moneys safe but a self paint in my opinion has little resale value, or even primary value...i sell my teams on buy it nows for £14.99 which i think is a reflective price for what the buyer is buying.

She/he paints very neatly but its effectively the same product, and before anyone shouts 'jealous' let me say three things

1.I hate lws and wouldnt paint on them as a canvas if i was guaranteed £40 a team, i hate them :angry:
2.I don't need the money i have no mortgage/rent outgoings anymore
3.I have had my teams reach 30's and 40's a team when they were on open bids and i was at first pleased and then bemused as to why..

this lady gets 60-80...why?...shes no better a painter than Mark Parker or Callum Westwood or Ogi

I mean £64 for 2017 Cambodia??..c'mon..... :wink: :wink:
Because 2 or 3 people think she is. Free market forces. Not everyone buying subbuteo is bothered about originality either they are happy to pay for something they desire whether or not it was painted by some woman in Kent forty years ago or a different woman in Cheshire in 2018.

HSV66
Forum Newbie

Post by HSV66 » 09 Feb 2018, 16:25

Paul wrote:
09 Feb 2018, 14:55
Personally, I'd prefer to see them with the sleeves fully painted, but it seems to be fashionable to paint long sleeved figures with short sleeves.
Yes I do not like short sleeved shirts on long sleeve figures they look terrible

Paul
Apprentice

Post by Paul » 09 Feb 2018, 17:02

You're right, Ralph. :thumleft:
Carpet football sucks.

Focus On
Grand Master

Post by Focus On » 09 Feb 2018, 17:16

Good luck to her, she is a very neat painter, much better than me

Good luck to the people buying them, i hope they get from them what they desire...
Bored to FLICK

Gullseye
Grand Master

Post by Gullseye » 09 Feb 2018, 19:37

The problem with those lightweight figures is that they look more like little boys that have wet themselves, than footballers.

As far as the painting of the above team goes, it is very neat and tidy but by no means exceptional.

Focus On
Grand Master

Post by Focus On » 10 Feb 2018, 07:47

That was kind of my point mate, but if people want to do 50-60-70 down her let em crack on...

I just don't see them worth that value, that's my opinion others will differ

heres a fact...how to start an online argument:
1- Express an opinion
2- Sit back and wait

:roll:
Bored to FLICK

lloydie1109
ISF 2018-19 Subscriber
ISF 2018-19 Subscriber

Post by lloydie1109 » 10 Feb 2018, 09:29

Subbuteo in all its format is like food and music, every person will have their own tastes

Return to “Subbuteo on Ebay”