Couple of friendlies played

For posting of info relating to the ISF Solo league
jenksy
Forum Newbie

Couple of friendlies played

Postby jenksy » 10 Jul 2016, 14:18

Had a couple of games to help with the withdrawal symptoms! First one was between Charden Town and Marhill Athletic, the latter are new to the extended Midanbury League. An interesting first half but 0-0 at halftime. In the second half Charden Town took an early lead, nice effort from just outside the box just past the out stretched keepers left hand. Marhill hit back within a minute, nice one two into the shooting area and pile driver into the top of the net so 1-1. About halfway through the half a corner on the right straight to the feet of the forward on the edge of the box and a shot which gave the keeper no chance! 2-1 Charden Town! But within a couple of minutes a long clearance to the player on the edge of the shooting area and a gentle flick in followed by a decent shot which had the keeper going the wrong way made it 2-2! A few half chances followed until with a minute to go a nicely weighted pass from the wing fell nicely for the advancing Charden Town player to scoop the ball into the net! Final score Charden Town 3 Marhill Athletic 2. Boy did I enjoy that.
Sunday morning saw Rochdale visit Lynny Lane to take on my team Vanguard Rovers! A good turn out to watch a football league club. And within a couple of minutes a nice shot from the left just inside the box saw Rovers 1-0 up, what a start. Didn't last long as the dale mid field sent a perfect pass to the forward at the edge of the shooting area and a low shot made it 1-1. A minute or so before halftime an excellent corner found a dale forward unmarked and he made no mistake with the shot 2-1 to the Dale. In the second half Dale scored 2 more decent goals to run out 4-1 winners (Rovers hit the left hand post twice!). Very enjoyable game. To simulate the fact that Rochdale are a decent league side they had 2 flicks to Rovers 1 unless the first flick gave away possession. Works well for me. And goals only count if they go in without hitting the keeper in all my games. Oh how I do enjoy playing with myself (as Mrs Jenksy says). The new season starts at the beginning of September with 12 teams in each of my 2 divisions (extended from 9). Giving Vanguard Rovers 22 league games (division 2) and hopefully a decent cup run as well. Have bought four new zeugo teams from various sellers on Amazon so have a collection of 14 now. A new stand and covered terrace along with a refreshment bar built, so plenty of bits to give every team their own ground (blue or red depending on the clubs colours). Its great being 12 years old! Except I'm 55 now! Who cares anyway.

BlackpoolRock
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber

Re: Couple of friendlies played

Postby BlackpoolRock » 10 Jul 2016, 17:49

Well done, Mr. Jenksy, for kick-starting this section. I really enjoy reading about others' solo leagues, whether it's their matches or the house rules each of us plays to. Only thing is, I think that I'm in, what I refer to as, a unanimous minority!

I'm pleased to read that your local side gave a spirited performance against league opposition, and achieved a better scoreline than at least a couple of similar teams yesterday, and they're only the ones I know about!

One thing I certainly agree with, though, It's great fun being twelve again, if only for a short while!

Keep up the good work, and the high standard of reporting.

Return to “ISF Solo League”