Brookfield Solo League: Season 06

For posting of info relating to the ISF Solo league
ralphtheclaret
Grand Master

Re: Brookfield Solo League: Season 06

Postby ralphtheclaret » 18 Oct 2017, 19:56

So we still use these to create our fixtures so you do get one or two slightly longer than necessary journeys over Christmas which is fixture A on Boxing Day and B on New Years Day however I had a peep when you mentioned playing on Christmas Day as I sometimes pick one of the more interesting Boxing day fixtures and play it on the day ... G v J turns out to be the East Anglian Derby in the Premier Division Dunwich City playing Ipsworth Town .. now that is a good Christmas fixture and colour clash ... mmm
Attachments
Card.jpeg
Card.jpeg (224.46 KiB) Viewed 199 times

BlackpoolRock
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber

Postby BlackpoolRock » 19 Oct 2017, 10:37

No organisation like that here! Any holiday match(es) will simply be the next in the order from the template, and the teams matching each number haven't been drawn yet. So we could be staging a top of the table Division One game, or something lower down between teams which seldom get featured.

ralphtheclaret
Grand Master

Postby ralphtheclaret » 19 Oct 2017, 10:50

All planned but I don't usually look at a given week's fixtures until the day before when I write them out ...

BlackpoolRock
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber

Postby BlackpoolRock » 19 Oct 2017, 14:10

No Double as Eastroke win Cup.

Aberdither United 0, Eastroke United 1.

Given their opponents' recent inconsistent form, Aberdither started this match as slight favourites, and the early exchanges reflected this.

Eastroke began cautiously, as though they were anxious not to go behind. They did, however, create the first chance, when Darracott, who had gone forward, tried a shot from Sheedy's pass, but Southall saved easily. At the other end, West did likewise when Husband shot from Royle's pass. As the game began to settle down, defences got on top, and there wasn't another shot which troubled either keeper until well into the latter stages of the half. During this period, Eastroke gradually became more adventurous, and it was they who produced the next few chances. The first one was provided by Limpar who, following good play down the left by Pointon and Sheedy, sent over a cross, into a crowded area, which found Gabriel, who shot wide. Possibly the chance fell to the wrong player. Following this, another cross from Limpar almost found Temple, but Labone was just able to deflect the ball's path away from the centre forward.

By now Eastroke were making most of the running with their passing moves, usually through midfield. On the stroke of halftime, Aberdither reminded everyone that they were still in the match, when van den Hauwe's long pass down the left found Kilbane who, with the halftime whistle expected at any moment, tried a first time shot, which went just wide.

Unlike in the first half, Eastroke began confidently after the break, and nearly scored within a minute, when Limpar ran onto Sheedy's pass, only to shoot narrowly wide. Their next attack was more successful, and produced the opening goal which, as it turned out to do, was worthy of winning any cup final. The move began well inside their own half, with Gabriel and Edworthy passing their way out of defence. The ball reached Sheedy in midfield, who passed outside to Limpar, whose cross was perfectly controlled by Temple, with the first touch taking the ball just in front of him, perfectly positioned for the shot, which gave Southall no chance.

They nearly added a second almost immediately, when Ball's pass found Nevin, but Labone was able to get across in time to prevent a shot. There followed further chances for Limpar and Sheedy (what a fine solo goal that night have been), as Eastroke were beginning to take control. It was in defence, though, where much of Eastroke's improvement had taken place, with both wing halves being alert to get across and play behind the back line, effectively becoming a sweeper, as soon as Aberdither attacked down the opposite flank. During the second half, Aberdither had only one scoring opportunity, when Stevens broke down the right and received Cahill's pass, only to shoot just beyond the far post. In the closing minutes it was Eastroke who looked the more likely to score, with Sheedy and Nevin both taking snap shots which Southall saved.

Had this been a league game, it would probably have been classed as 'ordinary', but, as a cup final, with only one goal in it, there was always some tension, with the possibility for further drama. That didn't happen, and Eastroke United won, deservedly in the end, their first ever trophy.

Aberdither Utd (4-3-3) : Southall; Stevens, Hurst, Labone, van den Hauwe; Cahill, Neville, Dobson; Husband, Royle, Kilbane.

Eastroke Utd. (1 to 11) : West; Darracott, Pointon; Gabriel, Lyons, Edworthy; Nevin, Ball, Temple, Sheedy, Limpar.

ralphtheclaret
Grand Master

Postby ralphtheclaret » 19 Oct 2017, 15:38

We play out the season across a normal Football League type calendar which this season looks like this .. this is just for the divisions I play/run so the left column is English Prem/Scots Prem/English 2 the middle column English 3 (all 42 games) and the right hand column Scots 2 (46 games) .. we have five English divisions with my Dad playing/running the other two senior divisions Divison 4 North and South (along with a conference that I keep well away from :lol: )
Attachments
2017-2018.jpg
2017-2018.jpg (91.24 KiB) Viewed 171 times

ralphtheclaret
Grand Master

Postby ralphtheclaret » 19 Oct 2017, 15:47

so each week I'd record the results on a grid and a points total chart like this to get an idea who is doing what then I'd just compile a complete table ONCE at seasons end from the grid although I usually check a few key clubs during the run in so I know who has the best goal average etc in April (and to rule out any errors!!) - this is the English Prem as of last Saturday night
Attachments
Points.jpg.jpeg
Points.jpg.jpeg (119.73 KiB) Viewed 170 times
Grid.jpg.jpeg
Grid.jpg.jpeg (115.88 KiB) Viewed 170 times

Gullseye
Grand Master

Postby Gullseye » 19 Oct 2017, 18:10

Glad to see Blackton Albion have picked up, nightmare start, four straight defeats !

ralphtheclaret
Grand Master

Postby ralphtheclaret » 19 Oct 2017, 18:42

Glad to see Blackton Albion have picked up, nightmare start, four straight defeats !
all by the odd goal too as indeed was the other defeat I've just noticed ... still in the League Cup although victims of a slight surprise this week held 0-0 at home by Third Division Ashbury ... out of form Clarets at home this week for the Albion :wink:

Donegal Subbuteo
Professional

Postby Donegal Subbuteo » 25 Oct 2017, 12:56

Amazing commitment Blackpool Rocks and Ralph. Fair play to you.
http://www.donegalsubbuteo.webs.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; http://www.Facebook.com/donegalsubbuteo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; e-mail donegalsubbuteo@hotmail.com

BlackpoolRock
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber

Postby BlackpoolRock » 25 Oct 2017, 19:58

Thank you, Donegal. As you've probably noticed, the close season has been reached, which doesn't mean that there's nothing to do. It's just as interesting, but different. Once the finances have been sorted, there's the transfer window. We try to be fair, between the twenty-six clubs. There are usually a couple of draft copies before the final list of transactions is published.

A player is seldom auctioned, if two or more clubs want him, he will usually go to the highest placed club where he would expect to play in the team, as each club's squad must contain at least thirteen players, and any player who doesn't play for two seasons may ask for a transfer, which the club is obliged to accept.

In addition, there are quite a few practice matches taking place at the moment, as some rule changes are planned, and we want to get realistic scores and results from the start. Playing twenty minutes each half in every game last season made it seem to be dragging at little at times, and it is intended to return to fifteen.

It is also planned to introduce two additional teams to the conference next season, along with some new, or not so new, faces in several teams. We hope it will make the league more interesting. More details when it's all been finalised.

Return to “ISF Solo League”