Premier League 17/18 solo

For posting of info relating to the ISF Solo league
BlackpoolRock
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber

Re: Premier League 17/18 solo

Postby BlackpoolRock » 15 Nov 2017, 21:43

Perhaps Spurs should apply to play their home matches at your ground, if they wish to win that 'other' Premier League; the fantasy one where even Monopoly money is made to look like petty cash.

geow6
Apprentice

Postby geow6 » 16 Nov 2017, 09:23

Perhaps Spurs should apply to play their home matches at your ground, if they wish to win that 'other' Premier League; the fantasy one where even Monopoly money is made to look like petty cash.
Perhaps they should! I don't think many fantasy football managers would be happy though, Kane is their top scorer but only got 6 so far this season.

On the note of scorers, Lukaku finally reached double figures after being stuck on 9 for quite a while. Remember, he did score 5 against Swansea earlier this season. I hope someone played their "triple captain" chip that week...

geow6
Apprentice

Postby geow6 » 22 Nov 2017, 19:44

MANCHESTER CLUBS IN TOP TWO; ARSENAL CONTINUE GOOD FORM, WATFORD AND HUDDERSFIELD STRUGGLES GO ON

Manchester United and Manchester City were the only sides out of the top six to win their games as they are now the top two in the table. United started with a win at rock bottom Watford, who continue to struggle, despite giving it a good effort. Mkhitaryan the star for the visitors in that one.

City then narrowly beat Watford with a goal from a corner via Stones - the first goal scored by a City player who isn't part of their front five. Spurs, Liverpool and Chelsea were all held, as were West Brom. Arsenal beat Huddersfield as the visitors' poor run of form continues.

GW15: Arsenal v Man Utd
Attachments
SPLweek14.jpg
SPLweek14.jpg (124.59 KiB) Viewed 267 times

Gullseye
Grand Master

Postby Gullseye » 23 Nov 2017, 18:32

Very pleased to see that we beat Palace.

geow6
Apprentice

Postby geow6 » 24 Nov 2017, 15:47

Very pleased to see that we beat Palace.
Brighton have played quite well so far this season and should have more points than they have tallied so far. They have put in better performances than a few of the teams above them, but cannot seem to turn draws in to wins. That Palace game was an important result. Keeps them out of that dreaded red zone - for now...

geow6
Apprentice

Postby geow6 » 24 Nov 2017, 20:00

BLACK FRIDAY BONANZA AS ALL 20 TEAMS PLAY IN SUN, SNOW AND UNDER THE LIGHTS

A crazy day on Friday saw all 20 teams play their GW15 fixture, and some were in bright sunshine, whilst others were during a heavy snow shower and under the floodlights.

City started the day in the sun, but ended wanting to sit and rock in a dark room as they let a lead slip in their surprise home defeat to West Ham. Liverpool and Chelsea then both won to increase the pressure on City, and their local rivals Man Utd at the top.

Everton consigned Huddersfield to a tenth defeat of the season in the afternoon, before Burnley moved up to 11th after a second successive away victory and their third win in four games at Leicester.

The snow showers hit as relegation rivals Stoke and Swansea played out a thrilling 2-2 draw, both teams have the worst two defences in the league so that one was bound to produce goals!

Under the floodlights on Friday night, Spurs went top on GD after beating Watford, who again put in an improved performance - before West Brom edged Palace. Defoe scored a late winner as Bournemouth won the south coast derby against Southampton, before Lukaku's break away goal and smart finish ensured Man Utd returned to the top as they won the big game of GW15 away at Arsenal.
Attachments
SPLweek15.jpg
SPLweek15.jpg (120.38 KiB) Viewed 217 times

BlackpoolRock
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber

Postby BlackpoolRock » 25 Nov 2017, 09:56

Did City have an off day or has the West Ham defence become better organised under their new manager?

geow6
Apprentice

Postby geow6 » 25 Nov 2017, 10:39

Did City have an off day or has the West Ham defence become better organised under their new manager?
Off day for City. They can't afford another one - their next game is the Manchester derby at Old Trafford! There's also the small matter of the Merseyside derby in GW16 too...

HPL17
Forum Newbie

Postby HPL17 » 30 Nov 2017, 13:17

Fantastic stuff!

I played a lot of solo competitions when I had more time, usually FA Cup and Italian Serie A. Because I could not make the effort to play all games I chose each week 3 or 4 games that I played and the score of the remaining games of the weekend were decided by the throw of dice (the 6 spots were replaced by zero so that you had scores ranging from 0 to 5). This also brought an element of surprise and ensured the league table was interesting because I guess everyone has a tendency to play better with the big teams and this way you were limited in directing how the league table evolved. Maybe it's a tip if it would not become possible to play all games but you want to complete your competition and have the end results.

Big part of the joy was the preparation of the season, making the teams with the exact kits and chosing the goals and ball that would be used for the competition and making the fan banners and flags and then the picture at the end of the season of the winning team. Great stuff! I hope to start another Serie A competition soon. I'm gone start with making the teams and then hopefully will get to it.

geow6
Apprentice

Postby geow6 » 30 Nov 2017, 19:52

Fantastic stuff!

I played a lot of solo competitions when I had more time, usually FA Cup and Italian Serie A. Because I could not make the effort to play all games I chose each week 3 or 4 games that I played and the score of the remaining games of the weekend were decided by the throw of dice (the 6 spots were replaced by zero so that you had scores ranging from 0 to 5). This also brought an element of surprise and ensured the league table was interesting because I guess everyone has a tendency to play better with the big teams and this way you were limited in directing how the league table evolved. Maybe it's a tip if it would not become possible to play all games but you want to complete your competition and have the end results.

Big part of the joy was the preparation of the season, making the teams with the exact kits and chosing the goals and ball that would be used for the competition and making the fan banners and flags and then the picture at the end of the season of the winning team. Great stuff! I hope to start another Serie A competition soon. I'm gone start with making the teams and then hopefully will get to it.
Would love to see some results from your Serie A. What bases do you play with? In case you didn't know, all 20 of my PL teams plus the International teams I have are all Zeugo on profibases. I bet you can get some really nice teams from Subbuteoworld, especially the Italian teams.

geow6
Apprentice

Postby geow6 » 03 Dec 2017, 13:27

CITY COME OUT ON TOP IN MANCHESTER DERBY

Manchester City won the battle at Old Trafford as they beat leaders and local rivals Manchester United 1-0 on Super Sunday.

City were the better side and much improved after their defeat last week, and took the lead when Sane fired in the rebound from Jesus's original strike. United cleared one off the line before some late pressure of their own, but City held on despite a nervous ending for an important victory in the title race.

Liverpool had beaten Merseyside rivals Everton earlier on Super Sunday to move level on points with Manchester United. Salah scoring twice to ensure the points went tot he red half of Merseyside; Sigurdsson set up a tense finish at Anfield but Liverpool held on.

Chelsea were forced to settle for a point at West Ham and there were frustrations too for Tottenham who drew 2-2 at home to Stoke. Both sides missed the chance to close the gap further between themselves and Manchester United.

Burnley won their third game on the spin to move in to the top half and within three points of a Europa league spot. They beat Watford, who have now lost a record six games in succession during this season's Premier League.

Arsenal stay 7th, but they were winners at Southampton, who have slipped to 15th in the table after four defeats in their last five league outings.

Huddersfield's winless run extended to 11 games with a goalless draw against fellow strugglers Brighton, whilst Swansea earned a point at home to West Brom.

Crystal Palace edged further away from the relegation zone with their third win of the season at home to Bournemouth, and a mid table clash between Newcastle and Leicester ended 1-1.
Attachments
SPLweek16.jpg
SPLweek16.jpg (130.1 KiB) Viewed 127 times

Focus On
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber

Postby Focus On » 03 Dec 2017, 14:32

Must be fantasy West Ham's 8th :angry: :angry:

think page 1 shows out end position quite well
Ex ICF read the books see the films, laugh, and then ask what really happened

geow6
Apprentice

Postby geow6 » 03 Dec 2017, 14:52

Must be fantasy West Ham's 8th :angry: :angry:

think page 1 shows out end position quite well
Beat Man City away 2-1 last week if you read back a few posts. You never know, it might be the same scoreline in a few hours time... :O

HPL17
Forum Newbie

Postby HPL17 » 03 Dec 2017, 16:39

Would love to see some results from your Serie A. What bases do you play with? In case you didn't know, all 20 of my PL teams plus the International teams I have are all Zeugo on profibases. I bet you can get some really nice teams from Subbuteoworld, especially the Italian teams.
Thanks for the reply! I Always played with LW teams from the 80-ies but since I got into making my own teams with decals I now prefer that. I love the details on the kits. I will start a new topic on my Serie A solo league if you're interested to follow. Good luck with the Premier League, I hope you can complete the season and that you have some real thriller matches!

geow6
Apprentice

Postby geow6 » 03 Dec 2017, 19:00

Thanks for the reply! I Always played with LW teams from the 80-ies but since I got into making my own teams with decals I now prefer that. I love the details on the kits. I will start a new topic on my Serie A solo league if you're interested to follow. Good luck with the Premier League, I hope you can complete the season and that you have some real thriller matches!
I'll definitely keep a close eye, any solo league is interesting to follow. Just seen on your post, why only 18 teams instead of the full 20? And will a keeper score like the lad today against the mighty AC Milan?!

Return to “ISF Solo League”