Premier League 17/18 solo

For posting of info relating to the ISF Solo league
geow6
Apprentice

Premier League 17/18 solo

Postby geow6 » 12 Aug 2017, 19:11

About to embark on a full club season, 380 games as I attempt to complete the full 2017/18 Premier League season. Currently awaiting a few teams before I can start playing properly. If the season isn't done by the time the World Cup (my other project) comes around, then a break will be taken to make way in the summer. Hopefully this league season should be completed in 12 months.

Anyway, I've gone for a more modern way of keeping track of results. I have created a word document with the league tables, matches underneath and scorers - which will go under each team when the results are published. I have attached a photo of how the page looks, it won't let me upload a word document on here. After each week of results I will print the page which will be kept in my file, but take a photo of the page and upload it on to this forum so you can keep track of your favourite team.

Matches should hopefully commence in the first weekend of September.
Attachments
IMG_0678.JPG
IMG_0678.JPG (269.89 KiB) Viewed 841 times

BlackpoolRock
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber

Re: Premier League 17/18 solo

Postby BlackpoolRock » 12 Aug 2017, 19:36

Good luck. Your league may well prove more interesting to follow than the real one.

If experts like you have occasional problems posting documents on here, then novices like me have no chance!

Gullseye
Grand Master

Postby Gullseye » 13 Aug 2017, 19:24

Look forward to the updates. Nice to see that we are in third place. ;-)

I have played every game in a full season before to finish in May, but it can turn into a slog and I would not attempt it again. Worth doing it once though for the experience.

geow6
Apprentice

Postby geow6 » 14 Aug 2017, 07:55

I imagine the middle part of the season could get quite tedious. Not much movement in the table and still nowhere near the excitement of the last 8-10 games when it's all to play for. I've purposely put 5th, 6th and 7th as Europa League places, just to keep more games interesting in the middle of the table.

geow6
Apprentice

Postby geow6 » 22 Aug 2017, 19:45

2017 Community Shield, Wembley

Arsenal 2-2 Chelsea - Arsenal win 3-2 on penalties
Alexis Sanchez 2 | Morata 2

A thrilling season opener under the lights at Wembley as two of the title favourites played out an entertaining 2-2 draw after extra time, as the Gunners edged out their London rivals on penalties.

Arsenal started the better side and took an early lead when Alexis Sanchez tapped the ball home from a yard after the initial shot had been brilliant kept out by Courtois. It got worse for Chelsea as they cheaply gave the ball away from kick off before Sanchez found the net for his second via the inside of the post.

Conte's side, sporting their wing back formation with three at the back, came roaring back in to the game when new signing Morata turned the ball in from a corner, before a dramatic equaliser in stoppage time from Morata forced extra time.

Arsenal failed to deal with two corners which lead to Chelsea's revival, but they had a chance of their own from a corner in stoppage time. However, they couldn't keep the ball and Chelsea cleared meaning the Community Shield would be decided from the spot.

Arsenal went first and Sanchez scored before Morata replied to make it 1-1 in the shootout - sadly, neither player will be credited with a hat trick. Arsenal looked in trouble when Coquelin and Ozil saw their efforts saved, but despite Hazard's successful penalty, Pedro missed meaning the score was 2-1 to Chelsea after three kicks each.

Lacazette stepped up and confidently chipped the keeper before Alonso hit the post to level up the scores once again. Oxlande-Chamberlain scored meaning David Luiz had to hit the net but Cech tipped his effort wide to seal victory for Arsenal.

BlackpoolRock
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber

Postby BlackpoolRock » 22 Aug 2017, 20:33

Obviously the league games won't go to penalties, but if the majority of matches are as exciting as that, you're in for some fun, and we're in for some good reads.

geow6
Apprentice

Postby geow6 » 26 Aug 2017, 17:21

Still got a week to go before the start of the season, so time for some summer tournaments to get the top teams ready for their title challenge.

Premier League Asia Trophy and the International Champions Cup.

PL Asia Trophy - four teams, straightforward semi final then third place and final to follow.

ICC a little more in-depth. Think I'll adapt to go for 6 teams, each play 3 games apiece. League format, winners with most points.

PL Asia Trophy teams: Liverpool, Leicester, Arsenal, Swansea
ICC teams: Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Napoli

Updates to follow over the course of the next week or so.

geow6
Apprentice

Postby geow6 » 30 Aug 2017, 13:17

Premier League season will be getting under way shortly. A few minor adjustments need to be made to two teams kits - Bournemouth (AC Milan) needs their shorts painting black, as do Southampton (Crawley Town). Once that's done, both the south coast teams will be ready to play. Because of their short delay - :lol!: - the PL have decided they will paly their opening fixtures towards the end of Gameweek 1.

The first round of matches will be played in this order:

Chelsea v Burnley
Crystal Palace v Huddersfield
Everton v Stoke
Arsenal v Leicester
Watford v Liverpool
Man Utd v West Ham
Southampton v Swansea
West Brom v Bournemouth
Newcastle v Tottenham
Brighton v Man City

Full report from Gameweek 1 to be posted along with the early table as soon as the last match has finished.

geow6
Apprentice

Postby geow6 » 02 Sep 2017, 10:59

BIG SIX HIT THE GROUND RUNNING

The Premier League kicked off on Friday and Saturday with all the big six teams in contention for the title starting with wins.

Chelsea hammered Burnley in the first match 4-0, whilst there were also wins for Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal on Friday.
CHEvBUR.JPG
CHEvBUR.JPG (139.33 KiB) Viewed 660 times
Pressure was on Spurs and Man City to also start with wins, which they both deservedly did on Saturday. Early days yet, but here is the table after the first game.
Attachments
SPLweek1.JPG
SPLweek1.JPG (131.12 KiB) Viewed 660 times

jenksy
Forum Newbie

Postby jenksy » 04 Sep 2017, 19:21

Brilliant idea. Certainly enough games to keep you busy! Interesting to see the comparison with the actual Premier League at the end of the season. I would say the Premier League in the real world! But as we know the Premier League doesn't inhabit the real world!! Enough of that now Jenksy. Nice neat presentation for the tables and results as well. My Midanbury League is all hand written in a hardback A4 book. You know, like when I was 12! Oh! According to Mrs Jenksy I'm still 12! Still having as much fun as well!

BlackpoolRock
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber

Postby BlackpoolRock » 04 Sep 2017, 20:59

Good to see you back, Jenksy.

I, too, was thinking along the same lines, that this might become a more realistic Premier League than the one that is always in the headlines. A bold project indeed, geow6 is very brave to take it on, and it will be followed here as closely as the alternative one.

geow6
Apprentice

Postby geow6 » 05 Sep 2017, 17:59

Thanks for the interest guys, certainly enjoyed the opening two gameweeks.

LUKAKU STRIKES FIVE AS UNITED GO CLEAR EARLY

Romelu Lukaku was on fire as he scored all five of Man Utd's goals in their 5-0 thrashing of Swansea City at the Liberty Stadium. The result means Utd are the only side with a 100% record as all the other top six dropped points in gameweek 2.

Man City were held to a goalless draw by Everton, whilst Liverpool were also held at home by Crystal Palace. Arsenal were beaten as left back Erik Pieters struck twice to give Stoke a 2-1 win. Arsenal visit Anfield next.

The big game of the gameweek had to wait until last, where Eden Hazard's injury time equaliser earned Chelsea a 1-1 draw at Wembley against London rivals Tottenham.
Attachments
SPLweek2.JPG
SPLweek2.JPG (159.25 KiB) Viewed 601 times

geow6
Apprentice

Postby geow6 » 05 Sep 2017, 18:01

How are the table attachments coming out? On my computer they're sideways, but on my iPad they're the right way round...

BlackpoolRock
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber

Postby BlackpoolRock » 05 Sep 2017, 18:43

They're sideways on my computer, too, but not that difficult to follow.

geow6
Apprentice

Postby geow6 » 05 Sep 2017, 20:35

I will try to sort it out before the next update.

Return to “ISF Solo League”