Premier League 17/18 solo

For posting of info relating to the ISF Solo league
HPL17
Apprentice

Re: Premier League 17/18 solo

Post by HPL17 » 03 Dec 2017, 19:59

geow6 wrote:
03 Dec 2017, 19:00

I'll definitely keep a close eye, any solo league is interesting to follow. Just seen on your post, why only 18 teams instead of the full 20? And will a keeper score like the lad today against the mighty AC Milan?!
Thanks, will take some time though before the preparations are finished. I'm aiming at start January to finish the stadium and the teams. The positive of creating your own league is that you can set your own rules. I find a league of 20 teams too big, also too many matches for me to manage. I was actually thinking about 16 teams but too many great teams that must be played with so 18 was the compromise. A goalkeeper can certainly score in my league, when your one behind and you win a last minute corner, send the goalie up front :grin: Do you play your matches in a stadium with fans and banners?

geow6
Semi-Pro

Post by geow6 » 03 Dec 2017, 20:04

HPL17 wrote:
03 Dec 2017, 19:59
geow6 wrote:
03 Dec 2017, 19:00

I'll definitely keep a close eye, any solo league is interesting to follow. Just seen on your post, why only 18 teams instead of the full 20? And will a keeper score like the lad today against the mighty AC Milan?!
Thanks, will take some time though before the preparations are finished. I'm aiming at start January to finish the stadium and the teams. The positive of creating your own league is that you can set your own rules. I find a league of 20 teams too big, also too many matches for me to manage. I was actually thinking about 16 teams but too many great teams that must be played with so 18 was the compromise. A goalkeeper can certainly score in my league, when your one behind and you win a last minute corner, send the goalie up front :grin: Do you play your matches in a stadium with fans and banners?
If you have a look through this post viewtopic.php?f=17&t=24566

That’s my stadium. Gearing up for the World Cup soon too but decided to do a PL to keep me going until June. Aim to finish my PL in April if I can. Played 16 rounds, 22 to go. Started on 1 September.

geow6
Semi-Pro

Post by geow6 » 05 Dec 2017, 18:12

TWO GAMES IN QUICK SUCCESSION AFFECTS QUALITY OF MATCHES IN GW17

On a GW where all 10 matches were played under the floodlights, the quality dipped as ten teams failed to score in their matches leading to three goalless draws.

Man Utd and Man City took advantage at the top with wins, but Liverpool and Spurs were both held at home. Chelsea scored in the nick of time to make sure their game didn't also end with the dreaded 0-0.

Watford lost yet again as Palace earned an easy victory on Monday, with Newcastle, Southampton and Burnley's games providing the entertainment. Tuesday's matches didn't live up to expectations.

I wouldn't stay up too long to watch the midweek MOTD tonight, if I were you.
Attachments
SPLweek17.jpg
SPLweek17.jpg (126.19 KiB) Viewed 2147 times

BlackpoolRock
ISF 2018-19 Subscriber
ISF 2018-19 Subscriber

Post by BlackpoolRock » 05 Dec 2017, 22:23

Shame the players were tired. How these super-fit modern players would have coped with the traditional groups of holiday fixtures around Christmas and Easter, of not too long ago, one can only imagine.

Gullseye
Grand Master

Post by Gullseye » 06 Dec 2017, 10:14

Man United's 36 points should be enough to keep them up, with nearly half the season gone I can't see the bottom three getting near that total.

geow6
Semi-Pro

Post by geow6 » 06 Dec 2017, 10:34

Traditionally the target is 40 points for survival. Judging by the season so far and the amount of draws each GW, I'd say 30 points might just be enough. Teams need a run like Burnley or Bournemouth (4 wins on the trot) to haul themselves away from the bottom and up in to the top half.

geow6
Semi-Pro

Post by geow6 » 06 Dec 2017, 10:36

BlackpoolRock wrote:
05 Dec 2017, 22:23
Shame the players were tired. How these super-fit modern players would have coped with the traditional groups of holiday fixtures around Christmas and Easter, of not too long ago, one can only imagine.
We have a break now until at least Thursday but more likely Friday. Should be enough time to recharge the batteries.

Man City host Spurs in the opener for GW18...

geow6
Semi-Pro

Post by geow6 » 10 Dec 2017, 13:15

BAGGIES BOING IN MAN UTD VICTORY, CITY THRASH SPURS TO GO TOP

West Brom produced a stunning display of counter attacking football and defensive solidity as they beat leaders Man Utd.

Man City had thrashed Spurs 4-0 earlier in GW18 to go top, and Utd couldn't respond as they slip to second.

Liverpool stay third after a hard fought point at Bournemouth, whilst Spurs are still 4th as Chelsea failed to beat Southampton at home - scoring an injury time equaliser through David Luiz.

WBA and Arsenal keep the pressure on for the chasing pack, and Burnley set a new record of five straight league wins after defeating Brighton in a tight encounter on the south coast.

Watford ended their dismal run of defeats with an injury time equaliser against Huddersfield, who stretch their winless run to 13 games.

Stoke-West Ham and Everron-Swansea both played out entertaining 2-2 draws, whilst Leicester beat Crystal Palace.
Attachments
SPLweek18.jpg
SPLweek18.jpg (152.49 KiB) Viewed 2086 times

geow6
Semi-Pro

Post by geow6 » 18 Dec 2017, 19:49

EVERTON BEAT CHELSEA IN THRILLER

The season has reached the half way point as GW19 provided goals, excitement, comebacks, the lot!

Everton took a 4-1 lead against Chelsea with a stunning display before the Blues fought back to 4-3, only for Pedro to hit the post at the end when it looked easier to score and earn a draw.

Swansea came from 2-1 down to beat Palace and earn a massive three points. Brighton and Watford both drew, with Huddersfield and Stoke suffering damaging defeats.

Man City and Man Utd both won their games 2-0, whilst Arsenal drew 1-1 with Liverpool. Spurs remain fourth after their narrow but deserved victory at Burnley.
Attachments
SPLweek19.jpg
SPLweek19.jpg (128.51 KiB) Viewed 2013 times

BlackpoolRock
ISF 2018-19 Subscriber
ISF 2018-19 Subscriber

Post by BlackpoolRock » 19 Dec 2017, 21:34

Well done for reaching half way, and on schedule.

Are any changes of formation and/or tactics planned, or already been implemented, for those teams who are under new management?

geow6
Semi-Pro

Post by geow6 » 20 Dec 2017, 08:41

BlackpoolRock wrote:
19 Dec 2017, 21:34
Well done for reaching half way, and on schedule.

Are any changes of formation and/or tactics planned, or already been implemented, for those teams who are under new management?
One thing I won't be doing is transfers. All the players will stay the same for the remainder of the season otherwise it will start messing up the top scorers chart.

Tactics possibly. Nothing yet but a couple may tweak a few player positions to go with two up front instead of three, to help in defensive wide areas.

geow6
Semi-Pro

Post by geow6 » 20 Dec 2017, 20:41

MAN UTD WILL SIT TOP AT CHRISTMAS WITH SLENDEREST OF MARGINS OVER RIVALS CITY

Manchester United will sit top of the Subbuteo Premier League at Christmas after they took advantage of rivals City's slip up at Newcastle to go to the summit by virtue of one goal scored.

Both teams are locked on 42 points with a goal difference of +24, however Utd's 3-0 win at home to Burnley during GW20 was enough to send them top as they've scored 36 goals to City's 35. City had drawn 2-2 at Newcastle earlier in the day.

Spurs moved above Liverpool in the table after they edged out Southampton, their second successive 1-0 win. Liverpool were held at home to a resurgent Swansea side, 2-2 at Anfield. Bony again on the scoresheet for the Swans.

West Brom lost only their second game of the season at home to Everton thanks to Keane's first goal of the campaign, meaning Chelsea climb to fifth after they beat Brighton 1-0. Arsenal remain 7th but close the gap between themselves and the top four to just four points. Sanchez the star of the show despite Palace clawing the score back to 3-2 from three goals down.

Stoke won a massive battle at the bottom with a late winner from Fletcher enough for the points at Huddersfield, whose retched run without a win now stretches to 15 games. Watford earned a point at home to Leicester with a goalless draw, and they are now six points from safety but will be bottom at Christmas.

Elsewhere, Bournemouth hammered West Ham 5-1 with a brace from Defoe, Daniels and Arter both getting their first strikes of the season in that game too.

The race for the Golden Boot is also hotting up, with four players on 12 goals and just two behind leader Lukaku thus far.

That is likely to be the final round before Christmas, so I personally would like to wish all our followers of this league a Merry Christmas and we hope to see you again before the New Year with the report from GW21.
Attachments
SPLweek20.jpg
SPLweek20.jpg (129.64 KiB) Viewed 1951 times

geow6
Semi-Pro

Post by geow6 » 28 Dec 2017, 19:55

WATFORD FINALLY WIN AFTER 18 WITHOUT VICTORY

Watford finally won a game ending a winless run of 18 games with a 2-0 home triumph over fellow relegation strugglers Swansea. Chalobah and Cleverley scored the goals in a vital win, which now means the Hornets are unbeaten in four and just five points from safety.

Huddersfield relinquished a two-goal lead to draw with Burnley, denying them a first win since GW5. Brighton slipped in tot he drop zone with defeat at Newcastle, as Stoke made it two wins in two with a shock victory at Chelsea.

Arsenal beat WBA to move above them and Chelsea in to fifth, and closer to Liverpool and Spurs who both were held at home to bottom half sides Leicester and West Ham respectively.

Man Utd beat Southampton with a late winner to stay top on goals scored, over Man City who beat Crystal Palace 1-0.

Bournemouth and Everton played out a thriller which ended 3-2 to the hosts, Ibe scoring his first goals of the season to send the Cherries above their opponents in to the top half.
Attachments
SPLweek21.jpg
SPLweek21.jpg (136.48 KiB) Viewed 1869 times

BlackpoolRock
ISF 2018-19 Subscriber
ISF 2018-19 Subscriber

Post by BlackpoolRock » 30 Dec 2017, 09:08

West Brom 2, Arsenal 3.

Oh dear! Looks like the rich six have finally seen off the last of the intruders.

geow6
Semi-Pro

Post by geow6 » 30 Dec 2017, 21:52

BlackpoolRock wrote:
30 Dec 2017, 09:08
West Brom 2, Arsenal 3.

Oh dear! Looks like the rich six have finally seen off the last of the intruders.
Maybe just momentarily, Arsenal play Chelsea to kick off GW22. West Brom have a chance to move up at least one place if they can win at West Ham.

Return to “ISF Solo League”