Premier League 17/18 solo

For posting of info relating to the ISF Solo league
HPL17
Forum Newbie

Re: Premier League 17/18 solo

Postby HPL17 » 03 Dec 2017, 19:59

I'll definitely keep a close eye, any solo league is interesting to follow. Just seen on your post, why only 18 teams instead of the full 20? And will a keeper score like the lad today against the mighty AC Milan?!
Thanks, will take some time though before the preparations are finished. I'm aiming at start January to finish the stadium and the teams. The positive of creating your own league is that you can set your own rules. I find a league of 20 teams too big, also too many matches for me to manage. I was actually thinking about 16 teams but too many great teams that must be played with so 18 was the compromise. A goalkeeper can certainly score in my league, when your one behind and you win a last minute corner, send the goalie up front :grin: Do you play your matches in a stadium with fans and banners?

geow6
Apprentice

Postby geow6 » 03 Dec 2017, 20:04

I'll definitely keep a close eye, any solo league is interesting to follow. Just seen on your post, why only 18 teams instead of the full 20? And will a keeper score like the lad today against the mighty AC Milan?!
Thanks, will take some time though before the preparations are finished. I'm aiming at start January to finish the stadium and the teams. The positive of creating your own league is that you can set your own rules. I find a league of 20 teams too big, also too many matches for me to manage. I was actually thinking about 16 teams but too many great teams that must be played with so 18 was the compromise. A goalkeeper can certainly score in my league, when your one behind and you win a last minute corner, send the goalie up front :grin: Do you play your matches in a stadium with fans and banners?
If you have a look through this post viewtopic.php?f=17&t=24566

That’s my stadium. Gearing up for the World Cup soon too but decided to do a PL to keep me going until June. Aim to finish my PL in April if I can. Played 16 rounds, 22 to go. Started on 1 September.

geow6
Apprentice

Postby geow6 » 05 Dec 2017, 18:12

TWO GAMES IN QUICK SUCCESSION AFFECTS QUALITY OF MATCHES IN GW17

On a GW where all 10 matches were played under the floodlights, the quality dipped as ten teams failed to score in their matches leading to three goalless draws.

Man Utd and Man City took advantage at the top with wins, but Liverpool and Spurs were both held at home. Chelsea scored in the nick of time to make sure their game didn't also end with the dreaded 0-0.

Watford lost yet again as Palace earned an easy victory on Monday, with Newcastle, Southampton and Burnley's games providing the entertainment. Tuesday's matches didn't live up to expectations.

I wouldn't stay up too long to watch the midweek MOTD tonight, if I were you.
Attachments
SPLweek17.jpg
SPLweek17.jpg (126.19 KiB) Viewed 81 times

BlackpoolRock
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber

Postby BlackpoolRock » 05 Dec 2017, 22:23

Shame the players were tired. How these super-fit modern players would have coped with the traditional groups of holiday fixtures around Christmas and Easter, of not too long ago, one can only imagine.

Gullseye
Grand Master

Postby Gullseye » 06 Dec 2017, 10:14

Man United's 36 points should be enough to keep them up, with nearly half the season gone I can't see the bottom three getting near that total.

geow6
Apprentice

Postby geow6 » 06 Dec 2017, 10:34

Traditionally the target is 40 points for survival. Judging by the season so far and the amount of draws each GW, I'd say 30 points might just be enough. Teams need a run like Burnley or Bournemouth (4 wins on the trot) to haul themselves away from the bottom and up in to the top half.

geow6
Apprentice

Postby geow6 » 06 Dec 2017, 10:36

Shame the players were tired. How these super-fit modern players would have coped with the traditional groups of holiday fixtures around Christmas and Easter, of not too long ago, one can only imagine.
We have a break now until at least Thursday but more likely Friday. Should be enough time to recharge the batteries.

Man City host Spurs in the opener for GW18...

geow6
Apprentice

Postby geow6 » 10 Dec 2017, 13:15

BAGGIES BOING IN MAN UTD VICTORY, CITY THRASH SPURS TO GO TOP

West Brom produced a stunning display of counter attacking football and defensive solidity as they beat leaders Man Utd.

Man City had thrashed Spurs 4-0 earlier in GW18 to go top, and Utd couldn't respond as they slip to second.

Liverpool stay third after a hard fought point at Bournemouth, whilst Spurs are still 4th as Chelsea failed to beat Southampton at home - scoring an injury time equaliser through David Luiz.

WBA and Arsenal keep the pressure on for the chasing pack, and Burnley set a new record of five straight league wins after defeating Brighton in a tight encounter on the south coast.

Watford ended their dismal run of defeats with an injury time equaliser against Huddersfield, who stretch their winless run to 13 games.

Stoke-West Ham and Everron-Swansea both played out entertaining 2-2 draws, whilst Leicester beat Crystal Palace.
Attachments
SPLweek18.jpg
SPLweek18.jpg (152.49 KiB) Viewed 20 times

Return to “ISF Solo League”