Custom Kit Creator

Post your pictures of custom painted players.
PunkReaper

Re: Custom Kit Creator

Postby PunkReaper » 23 Jul 2011, 15:05

Scrap that last question....... Must scan whole list before posting :-\

ShootFirst

Postby ShootFirst » 01 Aug 2011, 13:06

Hey guys - done some updates to the kit creator..
Added the following designs

*Horizontal Band
* V
* Diagonal Sash L
* Diagonal Sash R
* Quartered (the old 'Quartered' design is now known as 'Halved')

Pin stripes are on the to do list but they take a while :razz:

Subbuteoman: I agree that more colours would be good for the bases, the only thing is that the colours relate to the paints I have available and for the bases/discs they're the ones that Superfooty have for sale, as the main point of the kit creator is for people wanting to order teams from me.

I am working on a few other features at the moment but they're in the early stage.

Cheers
Ric

subbuteoman

Postby subbuteoman » 01 Aug 2011, 13:14

Cheers Ric. Good meetin ! I will take a look.

SubbiVavouris

Postby SubbiVavouris » 01 Aug 2011, 13:27

cool, the new features are indeed nice. the CKC is going very well!!! well done!!!!

minor recommendations:

(a) when i change the pattern on "shirt details"/"short details"/"sock details", in case one has already clicked for a colour to this pattern, when that pattern changes to a new one, then the colour goes to the default colour (eg. black) and not to the previously chosen one. that must be a small bug to the program, right?

(b) is it possible to provide to the user either "lighting" or "non lighting" view of the sample figurine display on the right. sometimes i think that the "lighting" effect, obscures the user to see the colours. in addition, i think that the shading that is present is not that nice, and PLS note that it's a personal opinion :)

(c) i think that you missed the easiest option to put for the CKC, that is to add the skin colour option :P

hope i help you with my notes above

cheers,
Vas

Hey guys - done some updates to the kit creator..
Added the following designs

*Horizontal Band
* V
* Diagonal Sash L
* Diagonal Sash R
* Quartered (the old 'Quartered' design is now known as 'Halved')

Pin stripes are on the to do list but they take a while :razz:

Subbuteoman: I agree that more colours would be good for the bases, the only thing is that the colours relate to the paints I have available and for the bases/discs they're the ones that Superfooty have for sale, as the main point of the kit creator is for people wanting to order teams from me.

I am working on a few other features at the moment but they're in the early stage.

Cheers
Ric

subbuteoman

Postby subbuteoman » 01 Aug 2011, 13:34

To play devils advocate, I actually think the shading is great and really " makes " the figure.

ShootFirst

Postby ShootFirst » 04 Aug 2011, 12:58

cool, the new features are indeed nice. the CKC is going very well!!! well done!!!!

minor recommendations:

(a) when i change the pattern on "shirt details"/"short details"/"sock details", in case one has already clicked for a colour to this pattern, when that pattern changes to a new one, then the colour goes to the default colour (eg. black) and not to the previously chosen one. that must be a small bug to the program, right?

(b) is it possible to provide to the user either "lighting" or "non lighting" view of the sample figurine display on the right. sometimes i think that the "lighting" effect, obscures the user to see the colours. in addition, i think that the shading that is present is not that nice, and PLS note that it's a personal opinion :)

(c) i think that you missed the easiest option to put for the CKC, that is to add the skin colour option :P

hope i help you with my notes above

cheers,
Vas
Thanks Vas. Yeah the shirt/short/sock details go back to the default colour when you change the design, It should be possible to fix that so that the colour stays the same but I'll look into it and add it to my to-do list :P.

I see what you mean about the lighting, I suppose it could be difficult for some to people to see the kit design properly due to the shading. I must say though, I quite like the shading there but I know it's not everyone's cup of tea. If there are enough people who'd think that would be a good option then I can do it for the next update.

I didn't intend to have different skin colours purely because the kit designer was made for people who wanted to order teams from me. They design the kit, then on the next page there is the option to select the skin colour for the players - but I know a lot of guys are using it just to design kits so I guess it'd be nice to have a skin colour option on there.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll keep updating this page when I have more changes!

Ric

subbuteokilgallon

Postby subbuteokilgallon » 12 Sep 2011, 15:54

That is Brilliant, usually i am stuck with pens and paper for ages untill i get something i like :)

Flash
Semi-Pro

Postby Flash » 22 Apr 2012, 17:11

Is the shootfirstmedia kit creator no longer available? I can't seem to get on the site :(

Hope it's just a temporary glitch!

Foghorn Leghorn

Postby Foghorn Leghorn » 22 Apr 2012, 17:46

It was there last week. I think the url has changed.

ESSGEE

Postby ESSGEE » 27 Apr 2012, 08:58

This a truly sexy gadget. And no batteries needed!
Love it, and thanks for sharing.
Off to design kits for my new solo league teams.
Absolute heaven!

Foghorn Leghorn

Postby Foghorn Leghorn » 27 Apr 2012, 09:18

Post them up ( designs ) when you have them done Steve.

head80
Forum Newbie

Postby head80 » 18 May 2013, 10:36

Excellent little tool that is

Flash
Semi-Pro

Postby Flash » 22 Feb 2016, 00:59

Digging up an old thread here - but the kit creator seems to have disappeared again :(

Does anyone know of an alternative? I've emailed Shootfirst to see if they can get it back online.

ShootFirst
Forum Newbie

Postby ShootFirst » 11 Nov 2016, 15:00

Hi guys,

Not sure if people still use the kit creator but if so, I've moved it over to this address:
http://www.subbuteocollectables.co.uk/k ... /index.php

Cheers
Ric

Rylon
Forum Newbie

Postby Rylon » 18 Dec 2016, 17:28

Brilliant resource, thanks for this ☺

Return to “Members Custom Paint Jobs”