Vintage Days - Wartime Football

Discussion about the Vintage Days football game.
vintage-days

Re: Vintage days table soccer

Postby vintage-days » 11 Oct 2012, 11:43

Nice site. Clear and concise. Well Done :clap:
Thank You!
Explains why flick2kick has been off topic for a while :wink:
and now you had to go and spoil it so soon... :( :lol:
Having read the brief description of the rules and the fact they struggled with the flicking with the index finger so you can use any part of the hand to propel the figure maybe it should have the slogan "nudge to fudge" especially with unlimited touches.
the index finger was my father and subbuteo...44 years ago...he's a bit older than me but he might want to play this game now...so he can... :D

seriously though...the game was tested by amongst others some disabled people...being disabled myself I felt that was important...some people have difficulties with reach...hence the low stadium...others have hand problems...hence using any part of the hand... :grin:

and not so seriously...other people might have mind problems and be a tad ''touched' all the time...could say they fantasise about nudging the fudge..that's for 69ers but I'm sorry...I am not a member of The 69 Club.. :wink:
Doesn't explain the defensive tackling rule to negate the ease of keeping control of the ball.
yes...tackling is for gaining control not keeping it...handy rule when someone is dribbling...you do dribble dont you?... :lol: :lol:
It does look like a really nice quality product and considering it's handmade a good price.
that's much better...thank you again...it is nice...and as a special offer just for you the price has gone up... :wink: :lol:

krama
Seasoned Professional

Postby krama » 12 Oct 2012, 16:21

Yes, nice website, have to agree...but..whichever way you look at it, it is a Subbuteo RIP-OFF/COPY/WANNABE/ Jumping on the Subbuteo brand bandwagon if ever I saw it.
Right, just to counter the slogan at the bottom of their webpage, I'm off to invent a game in memory of Peter Arthur Adolph, the inventor and founder of Subbuteo.
Yes, Vintage Days, my Dad!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

zulublue
Seasoned Professional

Postby zulublue » 12 Oct 2012, 16:40

Yes, nice website, have to agree...but..whichever way you look at it, it is a Subbuteo RIP-OFF/COPY/WANNABE/ Jumping on the Subbuteo brand bandwagon if ever I saw it.
Right, just to counter the slogan at the bottom of their webpage, I'm off to invent a game in memory of Peter Arthur Adolph, the inventor and founder of Subbuteo.
Hes right!!! Ute :black:
KRO/SOTV

flick2kick
Apprentice

Postby flick2kick » 12 Oct 2012, 17:07

ha ha ha that's original, or not in subbuteo's case as they seem to have got there ideas from some other soures don't you think..... :wink: :rolleyes: :lol:

krama
Seasoned Professional

Postby krama » 12 Oct 2012, 17:25

ha ha ha that's original, or not in subbuteo's case as they seem to have got there ideas from some other soures don't you think..... :wink: :rolleyes: :lol:
who are "they" ? Can you clarify? Listen my friend, I have known the whole Newfooty and Subbuteo story from day one and straight from the horses mouth and its far more involved than you as a casual observer may think. If you think you know better than me, well, you're one clever chap!
If you believe any different, you are clearly on the wrong site. This is a Subbuteo forum. Suggest you stick to that rip off site. Cheers!

ps....You need to change your username - PAA hated that expression with a passion when used to describe Subbuteo - surprised you didnt know that already.

flick2kick
Apprentice

Re: Vintage Days - Wartime Football

Postby flick2kick » 13 Nov 2012, 10:59

Hello :wave: the threads been unlocked, but what has happend to gullseyes new vintage days thread... :?

lionofludesch
Grand Master

Postby lionofludesch » 26 Aug 2013, 15:03

I see the web address doesn't work any more. Have these lads given up or got a new site ? :?
FIFA World Cuptipping competition
Winner 2010 and, joint with Takis,2014

® :angry:

Gullseye
Grand Master

Postby Gullseye » 26 Aug 2013, 20:41

The lad that was running it had some health problems and was in difficulty getting orders out. Having not heard anything for so long I assume he has packed it in.

lionofludesch
Grand Master

Postby lionofludesch » 27 Aug 2013, 08:03

Pity.

Best wishes for his recovery if he's reading this. :grin:
FIFA World Cuptipping competition
Winner 2010 and, joint with Takis,2014

® :angry:

George Best jr.
Professional

Postby George Best jr. » 21 May 2014, 13:43

Financial and material problems were the reasons to close down Vintage days, NOT health problems!
See the new topic "Beware!: Vintage days" and my experience report viewtopic.php?f=128&t=22370

Return to “Vintage Days”