Fouls

The place for threads about playing tactics/techniques/rules etc.
Gullseye
Grand Master

Re: Fouls

Postby Gullseye » 14 Mar 2017, 11:30

Of course it isn't possible to totally replicate Association Football on the small pitch, but as more recent developments have shown, loopholes in the rules are generally exploited, and then propagated across the playing community (such as as 8-0-2 formations or a player running the full length of the pitch through the entire opposition to score etc etc)
8-0-2 formations are, of course, common at corners and free kicks around the box. :roll:
If we get promoted this season that will be our starting formation. :wink:

lionofludesch
Grand Master

Postby lionofludesch » 14 Mar 2017, 14:14

People talk a lot of bollocks about formations. FISTF games don't all finish 0-0. There are actually more goals scored with so-called "defensive formations" than your traditional 4-3-3 or 4-4-2. Set up with too many players up field and you spend too much time fetching the ball from your own shooting area.
FIFA World Cuptipping competition
Winner 2010 and, joint with Takis,2014

® :angry:

Number9
Professional

Postby Number9 » 15 Mar 2017, 09:01

Formations issue depends on attitude I guess - I enjoy making passing moves, irrespective of the scoreline. The 'game' as it is now is clusters of players on the shooting line being manipulated by micro-flicks or shoves made to impersonate flicks - doesn't float my boat even if others get a thrill out of it.
As to spending 'too much' time that is down to reducing the length of a game by more than half of its original duration. Retreiving the ball and setting up a strategic attack is all part of it to me - lost skills and all that.
http://www.pendlefalcon.com

The Traditional Subbuteo Society

We bring our preparation to the table, and opportunity may present itself, and if you are well prepared, you can seize opportunity and then maybe something good happens, and you call that luck.

Michael Mann

BlackpoolRock
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber

Postby BlackpoolRock » 15 Mar 2017, 15:02

Couldn't agree more.

In the solo game, the contrast of strategies, in both attack and defence, is all you have to distinguish between the teams, as the standard of flicking is consistent.

I find that my games are becoming increasingly retro, as the rules of former years are, to me, more suited to solo play: some continuity with one team, and set times for defensive flicks. In addition, I find that the slower I play, the better the quality of the matches. This "season" the change of pitch from the astro has emphasised this.

It was with the above in mind that I introduced this topic, as most of the "off the ball" fouls seem to occur when the figures are extended slightly beyond their intended limits. My thinking was along the lines of "Would the standard of tournament matches improve if the rules encouraged players to take that little more care, at the slight expense of all-out speed?"

I have appreciated all your replies and observations. Thank you.

lionofludesch
Grand Master

Postby lionofludesch » 15 Mar 2017, 16:55

Formations issue depends on attitude I guess .
Quite.

Couldn't agree more. =CLAP

Focus On
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber

Postby Focus On » 15 Mar 2017, 17:58

I play 1 up front ten in the bar ala Stan Bowles...
Tatran Presov Hooligans 'C' Section!!

lionofludesch
Grand Master

Postby lionofludesch » 16 Mar 2017, 11:27

I play 1 up front ten in the bar ala Stan Bowles...
:lol!:

Return to “Playing: Rules/Techniques/Tactics Section”