Black shorts

The place for Ebay related Subbuteo topics (excluding auction advertising).
mrchrisallen
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber

Black shorts

Postby mrchrisallen » 30 Mar 2017, 06:45

Sold two black-shorted teams on Ebay (77 & 169) and buyer has put in a claim that one of the Wolves player's shirts has been repainted.
I've asked for a photo, but in the meantime need to understand what could have happened.
Makes no sense to repaint shorts that are already black.
Could it be the old story of the pot of paint not being well stirred, resulting in a more gloss look than normal, giving the appearance of a later repaint?
Chris

PeteJS
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber

Re: Black shorts

Postby PeteJS » 30 Mar 2017, 18:26

Or just perhaps touched up with a newer paint at a later date. Difficult to prove really.
Current spares: Brescia x2 light blue inner, white outer, PMs please if you can help.

albertocollection
Semi-Pro

Postby albertocollection » 31 Mar 2017, 10:12

Or, maybe, he just want a discount and he try to get it in the only possible way...
Chris, ask him to send you the team back to you ! It is a waste of time but sometimes it works...

mrchrisallen
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber

Postby mrchrisallen » 31 Mar 2017, 12:36

It is difficult to be sure of the facts and whether one player has been painted any different to the rest or whether the buyer thinks he is being cheated. I looked through my spares and found other 77s with gloss shorts, which didn't look great. Who painted these, I don't know.
I've offered a £10 discount on a £38 sale so that he keeps the two teams, which he's accepted. Case closed.
Chris

spudski
Grand Master

Postby spudski » 31 Mar 2017, 14:27

I would have done what Alberto suggested Chris...you often find ref 77 teams and others with 'glossy' black shorts. Nothing to do with painting over...just outworkers not stirring the pot properly. A case of someone trying it on, or uneducated.

I'm finding more and more teams painted over as well by SSG. Tidied up so to speak. I had an England team recently, a late one, that had all the trim tidied up with white paint. You can imagine the response that would have got if put on ebay lol.

Another thing worth noting...with age, these SSG later teams, especially in window box's, have a glue that is very brittle. I'm finding more and more that have come away from there bases. Players stay attached to disc...but the disc comes away from the base. So many have no washers in...and more so, many HW's have bases that were designed for the Zombies.

Here's the England team...can you imagine that on ebay and the uproar from the uneducated lol
Attachments
DSC06743.JPG
DSC06743.JPG (158.68 KiB) Viewed 854 times
DSC06742.JPG
DSC06742.JPG (132.41 KiB) Viewed 854 times
DSC06741.JPG
DSC06741.JPG (159.71 KiB) Viewed 854 times

Focus On
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber

Postby Focus On » 31 Mar 2017, 17:14

It is difficult to be sure of the facts and whether one player has been painted any different to the rest or whether the buyer thinks he is being cheated. I looked through my spares and found other 77s with gloss shorts, which didn't look great. Who painted these, I don't know.
I've offered a £10 discount on a £38 sale so that he keeps the two teams, which he's accepted. Case closed.
Chris
for a tenner you're well rid of idiots like that...its not worth the neg threat....he/she was prob trying it on but glossy shorts in teams did happen, i assume the buyer has eyes and should have seen this in the auction picture, however they look terrible but that's how they left the shop so...

I had some Italian comment there wasnt a box with the 'lid' i sold him, auction was for WC named Mexico lid (lid only)...not worth the ulcer for a fiver

also prob with asking them to send an item back is they 'never seem to want to' so it can't be that bad...plus you'd get stung with return post as it needs to go recorded to meet Ebay return policy
Swallow the tenner and block the bidder, simple
Ex ICF read the books see the films, laugh, and then ask what really happened

albertocollection
Semi-Pro

Postby albertocollection » 05 Apr 2017, 06:48

Here's the England team
that England is very very bad !!! I like the teams from the last part of the 70ies because, very often, they are completely different compared with the beginning of the 70ies (Larger stripes, not good painting, darker or lighter colours, Lw bases, etc). Often they seem to be different ref !
But that England would be bad for me too.....
I've offered a £10 discount ... which he's accepted
I still think he was finding a pretence to have a discount.

Return to “Subbuteo on Ebay”