Premier League 17/18 solo

For posting of info relating to the ISF Solo league
geow6
Apprentice

Re: Premier League 17/18 solo

Postby geow6 » 22 Sep 2017, 16:15

Really enjoying the Premier League mate. Better than the real thing! Used to go to all the Southampton home games many years ago. I'm not a great fan of the modern league,to much money in it and I'm not willing to give them mine!! The best thing in recent years (in my opinion) was Leicester winning it! Mind you 3 south coast clubs in it so that's 1 plus. Shame Pompey aren't there as well (but only if we beat them). Anyway, when I play my Midanbury League games (playing with myself Mrs Jenksy calls it), I try and play quite fast. This can lead to mistakes which create openings and hopefully gets rid of any bias! Seems to work quite well for me. I do tend to use different formations and styles of play (defensive, attacking and long ball play) for different teams as well. If I'm playing a "big club" from a higher league, then they get 2 attacking flicks to Vanguard Rovers 1 defensive flick. Still get the odd shock result so I find it works for me. The great thing with solo play is that you can adapt things to suit. Keep the reports coming mate!!!
Thanks for the interest - glad to know there's quite a few people keeping their eye on proceedings. Just had a shock result in Gameweek 6, but I'll leave it until the report later. It affects the top of the table anyway in what you'd expect to be a home banker. Report to follow later tonight with updated table after GW6. Stay tuned.

geow6
Apprentice

Postby geow6 » 22 Sep 2017, 18:56

TIGHT AT THE TOP AS TWO POINTS SEPARATE TOP SIX

Manchester City and Manchester United were both left frustrated in Gameweek 6 which allowed the chasing pack to close the gap as the league table has the top four separated only by goal difference, and the top six a split by just two points.

City had to come from behind against a resolute Crystal Palace who are proving difficult to beat this season, whilst United were left frustrated by Southampton in a goalless draw - no grey kit excuse here!

Tottenham edged out London rivals West Ham to briefly go top in the early game, before Chelsea won in controversial fashion at Stoke. A foul should have been awarded for Stoke on the edge of the Chelsea box but wasn't, the referee's vision of an off-the-ball incident was obscured. The visitors then broke to score and make it 3-1 at the time before eventually winning 3-2.

Liverpool won in stoppage time at Leicester thanks to Salah's fourth of the season to stay close in fifth, and West Brom's early goal at Arsenal heaped the pressure on the home team who remain in the bottom half and seven points adrift of the leaders already.

At the other end, Burnley climbed out of the drop zone with an impressive win against high-flying Huddersfield, whilst a first clean sheet of the season will have provided bottom side Swansea a platform to build on. Stoke's defeat sees them drop in to the bottom three.

GAMEWEEK 7: Chelsea v Man City
Attachments
SPLweek6.jpg
SPLweek6.jpg (132.63 KiB) Viewed 229 times

geow6
Apprentice

Postby geow6 » 25 Sep 2017, 19:50

MAN UTD OPEN UP LEAD; WBA MAINTAIN UNBATEN START, CARROLL HAT-TRICK AS SWANSEA STRUGGLES CONTINUE

A thrilling GW7 saw plenty of goals, some tense goalless draws and the first hat-trick of the season.

We start with the GW's early kick-off, as Chelsea and Man City preserved their unbeaten starts with a tightly-contested 0-0 draw at Stamford Bridge. Neither side could find the winner and a draw was a fair result, despite Chelsea just edging the chances in the game.

Spurs failed to win at Huddersfield after being denied by a late strike from Depoitre, meaning Herrera's injury time winner for Man Utd at home to Crystal Palace meant they have a two point lead at the top of the table. Palace have taken the lead at Liverpool, Man City and Man Utd this season, but have yet to win and only taken two points from those three fixtures.

Arsenal's hopes of reducing the gap between themselves and the top seven took another massive blow as Brighton won their first game of the season thanks to goals from Murray and Gross. Brighton climb out of the relegation zone and up to 15th, whereas Arsenal's back-to-back home defeats see them still in the bottom half and now six points adrift of a Europa League spot.

Carroll scored the first hat-trick of the season as West Ham won at home to rock bottom Swansea, despite Olsson playing the pass of the season through a number of West Ham bodies to pick out Abraham for the Swans' equaliser.

Newcastle maintain their good start with a thrilling 3-2 win over Liverpool - Gayle's double enough to earn the hosts a deserved three points. Rondon also scored a brace as West Brom's unbeaten start sees them up to 5th and only outside the top four on goals scored, after they hammered struggling Watford 4-1 at home.
Attachments
SPLweek7.jpg
SPLweek7.jpg (133.86 KiB) Viewed 210 times

geow6
Apprentice

Postby geow6 » 02 Oct 2017, 18:33

Been a week since the last game, but rest assured the PL continues. Just had time for one game tonight, MNF, Watford hold Arsenal to a 1-1 draw under the lights. Doucoure gave the hosts the lead but Ozil quickly equalised before Gomez denied Lacazette late on. Important point for Watford - Arsenal continue to languish.

geow6
Apprentice

Postby geow6 » 06 Oct 2017, 16:30

CITY & SPURS LEAD THE WAY; TWO POINTS SEPARATE TOP SIX, SWANSEA REMAIN BOTTOM DESPITE THUMPING WIN

Manchester City seized top spot on goal difference after their 4-0 win over Stoke and Spurs are just behind them after they beat Bournemouth 3-0.

Manchester United were knocked off top spot after their first defeat of the season at bitter rivals Liverpool. Untied took the lead early through Lukaku, who moves joint-top of the scorers list with 8 this season, but Mane and Salah turned the game around and won it for the Reds, who stay sixth.

Crystal Palace remain winless despite a sixth draw of the season, this time against Chelsea. The Blues stay above West Brom only by virtue of the alphabet at this stage.

Swansea had Bony to thank as he scored twice in their first win of the season, as they thrashed Huddersfield 3-0. The Swans stay bottom but are just one point from safety now.

GAMEWEEK 9: Tottenham v Liverpool
Attachments
SPLweek8.jpg
SPLweek8.jpg (130.29 KiB) Viewed 153 times

geow6
Apprentice

Postby geow6 » 07 Oct 2017, 08:32

Question for all the people reading and keeping up with my league. First of all, thanks for the interest.

Second - when the time comes and 3 teams are relegated, how would be best to go in to another season next year? If I can do it again, should I restart and use the 20 PL teams from the 18/19 season - fixtures will all be done it'll be a case of me following them week by week. Or, do I stick with the three teams I see relegated this year and replace them with the 3 who come up from the Championship, then create my own fixtures?

BlackpoolRock
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber
ISF 2017-18 Subscriber

Postby BlackpoolRock » 07 Oct 2017, 11:48

It's your league, so it's only right and proper that you should have the honour and privilege of making that decision.

I think if I'd put in the effort to have played all those matches, along with the associated admin, I'd stick with my own results and reward my teams who had avoided the drop. I must emphasise, though, it's not my league.

geow6
Apprentice

Postby geow6 » 10 Oct 2017, 15:36

It'll be something I need to decide on if I can commit to another full PL season. For now, it's time to start GW9 with Spurs v Liverpool. The focus is on the top of the table before we switch the the battle at the bottom in the later games. Full report and updated table in the next few days.

geow6
Apprentice

Postby geow6 » 15 Oct 2017, 14:42

FOUR TEAMS REMAIN UNBEATEN; PALACE FINALLY WIN, SWANSEA OFF BOTTOM

Four teams remain unbeaten in the Premier League after nine games following the latest round of matches.

The top nine all stay in the same positions, meaning Manchester City remain top of the table after seeing off Burnley at home. Spurs beat Liverpool in the big game of GW9 to stay level on points with the leaders, whilst Manchester United, Chelsea and West Brom all recorded wins.

At the bottom, Crystal Palace finally won at the ninth attempt after an injury time winner from captain Puncheon won a thriller at Newcastle, whilst Swansea made it two home wins on the bounce to move off the foot of the table and up to 15th. Burnley are above Stoke by virtue of the alphabet - for now.
Attachments
SPLweek9.jpg
SPLweek9.jpg (143.25 KiB) Viewed 44 times

Return to “ISF Solo League”