Most Chilled Buyer

The place for Ebay related Subbuteo topics (excluding auction advertising).
Post Reply
Vikash
Grand Master
Posts: 2930
Joined: 23 Dec 2004, 19:18
Location: The highest point in Verulam, South Africa.

Most Chilled Buyer

Post by Vikash » 23 Jan 2018, 08:18

I must be the most chilled buyer of Subbuteo. Sellers start sending me messages asking me if I have received items I've purchased and I'm like, "Chill, my brother. It's only been a month." 8)

And, no I am not being sarcastic at all.

Usually takes around a month and a half to get stuff posted from Europe, but about a week to ten days from the UK. Received items from John Briggs and Subbuteo World in three days :o :awe: :clap: :lol:

I am happy that some sellers are genuinely concerned, but I have learnt that sometimes it takes quite a long time to reach me. After all, items do take around a month and a bit to get to Italy from South Africa, but the postal service between SA and the UK is super fast at around the same week to 10 days.

To all you chaps who sell me Subbuteo, don't stress if you don't hear from me within a month of posting. It's cool 8)
How about them transparent dangling carrots
How about that ever elusive kudo

User avatar
Focus On
Grand Master
Posts: 14313
Joined: 23 Dec 2004, 19:18
Location: Korova Milk Bar..Czechoslovakia

Re: Most Chilled Buyer

Post by Focus On » 23 Jan 2018, 08:24

That Viagra got there yet i sent?
Bored to FLICK

Vikash
Grand Master
Posts: 2930
Joined: 23 Dec 2004, 19:18
Location: The highest point in Verulam, South Africa.

Re: Most Chilled Buyer

Post by Vikash » 23 Jan 2018, 09:48

Focus On wrote:
23 Jan 2018, 08:24
That Viagra got there yet i sent?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :awe: :lol: :lol: :lol:
How about them transparent dangling carrots
How about that ever elusive kudo

User avatar
Heavyweight021
Grand Master
Posts: 4291
Joined: 16 Nov 2006, 13:36

Re: Most Chilled Buyer

Post by Heavyweight021 » 23 Jan 2018, 10:47

We all wish we could sell to buyers like you, Vikash!
Unfortunately the usual response is, "Have you sent it yet?" - i.e. "Why hasn't it arrived with me immediately after payment?"

User avatar
spudski
Grand Master
Posts: 2561
Joined: 14 May 2011, 17:42

Re: Most Chilled Buyer

Post by spudski » 23 Jan 2018, 12:10

Italians know their Postal system is '3rd World'...it's probably the worst in the world. I've sent stuff to 'lesser' countries, no problem, but Italy is another planet. Even sending tracked or signed for doesn't mean it will end up in the right hands. Postman are known to knock and if no one is in, dump it outside the door. Or take it back to the office without leaving a card.

The Italian public know this...yet still demand to know where items are.

Love my Italian Subbuteo friends...but what a ball ache their postal system is. I feel for them.

lloydie1109
ISF 2018-19 Subscriber
ISF 2018-19 Subscriber
Posts: 1535
Joined: 02 Jan 2014, 09:27
Location: SHEFFIELD

Re: Most Chilled Buyer

Post by lloydie1109 » 23 Jan 2018, 14:42

Another issue is ebay itself, they tell the buyer when it will be delivered, then various postal services are slow, and up come, 'Where is my item' messages, followed by, 'ebay said it would be here by now'

User avatar
albertocollection
Semi-Pro
Posts: 313
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 12:04

Re: Most Chilled Buyer

Post by albertocollection » 23 Jan 2018, 16:07

Even sending tracked or signed for doesn't mean it will end up in the right hands. Postman are known to knock and if no one is in, dump it outside the door. Or take it back to the office without leaving a card.
Totally true ..... SOB SOB :( :( :(

User avatar
PeteJS
ISF 2018-19 Subscriber
ISF 2018-19 Subscriber
Posts: 1446
Joined: 23 Dec 2004, 19:18
Location: Gods County, Staffordshire

Re: Most Chilled Buyer

Post by PeteJS » 30 Jan 2018, 22:53

albertocollection wrote:
23 Jan 2018, 16:07
Even sending tracked or signed for doesn't mean it will end up in the right hands. Postman are known to knock and if no one is in, dump it outside the door. Or take it back to the office without leaving a card.
Totally true ..... SOB SOB :( :( :(
They couldn't even send my postcard of the Pope back to the UK. They will be sent to Hades!
Current spares: Brescia x2 light blue inner, white outer, PMs please if you can help.

Vikash
Grand Master
Posts: 2930
Joined: 23 Dec 2004, 19:18
Location: The highest point in Verulam, South Africa.

Re: Most Chilled Buyer

Post by Vikash » 31 Jan 2018, 18:05

Heavyweight021 wrote:
23 Jan 2018, 10:47
We all wish we could sell to buyers like you, Vikash!
Unfortunately the usual response is, "Have you sent it yet?" - i.e. "Why hasn't it arrived with me immediately after payment?"
Cheers, mate :)

Yes, you are quite right about some buyers. I have not sold as many items on eBay as some of you but the usual is they expect it to be delivered within 3 days of posting. Takes a week to leave SA, to begin with :wink: But if it's to the UK then as soon as it reaches your country, it's another 3 to 5 days max and you've got it.

Italy? Oh my word! Where do I begin? For some reason parcels camp in Milan for anywhere from two weeks to a month before it gets distributed. I have everything tracked and am notified when the item is on the move. Thankfully every parcel I have posted to Italy has reached the buyer. It does take a long time but eventually gets there. Been threatened so many times with negative feedback :lol:
How about them transparent dangling carrots
How about that ever elusive kudo

User avatar
Focus On
Grand Master
Posts: 14313
Joined: 23 Dec 2004, 19:18
Location: Korova Milk Bar..Czechoslovakia

Re: Most Chilled Buyer

Post by Focus On » 01 Feb 2018, 09:42

Rule 1 always send recorded...it gives the buyer something to look up and peace of mind that the damn things even been sent!

recorded post does NOT guarantee delivery but it does make thieving posties think twice as there is a paper trail :angry: :angry:

Lost a parcel sent to me from the UK last year that was sent signed for...it never came and the sellers beyond white
Bored to FLICK

User avatar
Focus On
Grand Master
Posts: 14313
Joined: 23 Dec 2004, 19:18
Location: Korova Milk Bar..Czechoslovakia

Re: Most Chilled Buyer

Post by Focus On » 01 Feb 2018, 09:47

spudski wrote:
23 Jan 2018, 12:10
Italians know their Postal system is '3rd World'...it's probably the worst in the world. I've sent stuff to 'lesser' countries, no problem, but Italy is another planet. Even sending tracked or signed for doesn't mean it will end up in the right hands. Postman are known to knock and if no one is in, dump it outside the door. Or take it back to the office without leaving a card.

The Italian public know this...yet still demand to know where items are.

Love my Italian Subbuteo friends...but what a ball ache their postal system is. I feel for them.
Ian i see this a LOT on other un Subbuteo related auctions...''WILL NOT SEND TO ITALY OR BRAZIL''
Bored to FLICK

Vikash
Grand Master
Posts: 2930
Joined: 23 Dec 2004, 19:18
Location: The highest point in Verulam, South Africa.

Re: Most Chilled Buyer

Post by Vikash » 01 Feb 2018, 10:06

Only ever had three parcels not turn up, Mark. One of which I am certain was never posted, because the seller disappeared after payment was made. 160 Euros lost.

I have so many Italian friends because of Subbuteo, and they are all quality - love those boys. But there are some sellers - regardless of nationality - who aren't kosher.

You're right, mate. Always tracked and recorded is the way to go.

Massive order from Subbuteo World still missing more than ten years. Pete is top class, and this has nothing to do with him. Arrived in Johannesburg and then vanished. Huge order of over a thousand painted spectators, and 70 repro boxes. Oh well, Vik helped someone build a stadium somewhere in JHB :wink:
How about them transparent dangling carrots
How about that ever elusive kudo

User avatar
spudski
Grand Master
Posts: 2561
Joined: 14 May 2011, 17:42

Re: Most Chilled Buyer

Post by spudski » 01 Feb 2018, 22:01

Focus On wrote:
01 Feb 2018, 09:42
Rule 1 always send recorded...it gives the buyer something to look up and peace of mind that the damn things even been sent!

recorded post does NOT guarantee delivery but it does make thieving posties think twice as there is a paper trail :angry: :angry:

Lost a parcel sent to me from the UK last year that was sent signed for...it never came and the sellers beyond white
I feel sorry for the Italians Mark...most are decent people, being let down by the system. I've got many friends in Italy through Subbuteo and skiing and they all complain about the postal system.

Jon Rosten
Grand Master
Posts: 5639
Joined: 01 Jul 2007, 09:11

Re: Most Chilled Buyer

Post by Jon Rosten » 12 Feb 2018, 22:58

Ian is it not possible that the enquiry as to “ have you got the Subby yet ? “ is a hint for pos feedback really ?

Vikash
Grand Master
Posts: 2930
Joined: 23 Dec 2004, 19:18
Location: The highest point in Verulam, South Africa.

Re: Most Chilled Buyer

Post by Vikash » 13 Feb 2018, 08:49

Good point, Jon.
How about them transparent dangling carrots
How about that ever elusive kudo

Post Reply

Return to “Subbuteo on Ebay”