Best base for young children?

The place to for general Subbuteo threads.
IanAF
Forum Newbie

Best base for young children?

Post by IanAF » 14 May 2018, 21:55

Evening - posted for the first time a few days ago having bought a Subbuteo game from eBay. My seven year old daughter absolutely loves playing it, but the teams have quite a high, rounded base (apologies, haven’t learnt the terminology yet) and makes it difficult for her to flick.

I’ve seen a few YouTube videos where the bases are almost flat, and wondered if that might be easier for her to use? Having a quick eBay search, would these be Zeugo teams that predominantly have such bases?

Hope this makes sense!

Timbo85
Forum Newbie

Re: Best base for young children?

Post by Timbo85 » 16 May 2018, 08:30

Hi Ian,

The 'Hasbro' one piece bases might be a good option for you - the last ones officially made by Subbuteo before it all went overseas.
https://www.subbuteoworld.co.uk/hasbro- ... ase-1990-s

They're are predominantly flat so when polished glide nicely but you also have the opportunity to curl with practice. If they're completely flat then I don't consider it Subbuteo - like playing bowls with no bias!

IanAF
Forum Newbie

Post by IanAF » 17 May 2018, 11:39

Cheers Timbo, much appreciated. I know what you mean - I’m struggling to get back into it, but slid one player nearly the full length of the pitch to score a goal the other day. Fantastic... :lol!:

krama
Seasoned Professional

Post by krama » 17 May 2018, 18:15

Timbo85 wrote:
16 May 2018, 08:30
Hi Ian,

The 'Hasbro' one piece bases might be a good option for you - the last ones officially made by Subbuteo before it all went overseas.
https://www.subbuteoworld.co.uk/hasbro- ... ase-1990-s

They're are predominantly flat so when polished glide nicely but you also have the opportunity to curl with practice. If they're completely flat then I don't consider it Subbuteo - like playing bowls with no bias!
Absolutely agree, I know PA would be turning in the proverbial! :O

wearebees
Professional

Post by wearebees » 17 May 2018, 19:52

Hasbro or Santiago spitfire would do the job, anything to get the kids flicking. Under a fiver on eBay including postage but they won’t come with figures attached.

Return to “General and Collecting Topics”