cityfan247 - Custom Paint Jobs

Post your pictures of custom painted players.
Post Reply
Paul
Apprentice
Posts: 162
Joined: 02 Feb 2018, 20:49

Re: cityfan247 - Custom Paint Jobs

Post by Paul » 08 Mar 2019, 11:33

cityfan247 wrote:
30 Sep 2018, 16:47
Havent done any painting for a while but picked up my brush today and here is my effort at a 70's Leeds using an old ref 21 team.

Loving the 70's Leeds, Ian. :thumbsup: Very nice paintwork. Really clean-looking team.
Carpet football sucks.

cityfan247
ISF Subscriber 2019-2020
ISF Subscriber 2019-2020
Posts: 868
Joined: 03 Aug 2008, 19:17

Re: cityfan247 - Custom Paint Jobs

Post by cityfan247 » 08 Mar 2019, 16:14

Thanks for the kind words Paul.

It's been a while since I have done any painting. I think that Leeds is probably the last one I did.

I do have some original figures left over that I have stripped down so may do some more teams before long. Just need to decide on which teams to do.

Paul
Apprentice
Posts: 162
Joined: 02 Feb 2018, 20:49

Re: cityfan247 - Custom Paint Jobs

Post by Paul » 08 Mar 2019, 16:16

cityfan247 wrote:
08 Mar 2019, 16:14
Thanks for the kind words Paul.

It's been a while since I have done any painting. I think that Leeds is probably the last one I did.

I do have some original figures left over that I have stripped down so may do some more teams before long. Just need to decide on which teams to do.

Been to Meadowhall lately, Ian ??
Carpet football sucks.

cityfan247
ISF Subscriber 2019-2020
ISF Subscriber 2019-2020
Posts: 868
Joined: 03 Aug 2008, 19:17

Re: cityfan247 - Custom Paint Jobs

Post by cityfan247 » 08 Mar 2019, 16:27

Yeh actually I have Paul. Went on Valentines Day in fact with the missus. Now that's love for you!

Paul
Apprentice
Posts: 162
Joined: 02 Feb 2018, 20:49

Re: cityfan247 - Custom Paint Jobs

Post by Paul » 08 Mar 2019, 16:34

cityfan247 wrote:
08 Mar 2019, 16:27
Yeh actually I have Paul. Went on Valentines Day in fact with the missus. Now that's love for you!


Aye, it is; but did you go willingly. 'Cos when I saw you in Debenhams a while ago your lass was doing all the shopping and you were loitering about downstairs. :lol:
Carpet football sucks.

cityfan247
ISF Subscriber 2019-2020
ISF Subscriber 2019-2020
Posts: 868
Joined: 03 Aug 2008, 19:17

Re: cityfan247 - Custom Paint Jobs

Post by cityfan247 » 08 Mar 2019, 16:48

Well the deal this time was shopping time was limited to a couple of hours!! I can just about handle that. Had a nice Thai meal as well upstairs.

Actually the main reason was to go and see the Heart of Steel . https://www.meadowhall.co.uk/news-event ... OUwBKRL.97

The plan is this will have people's names engraved on it (for charity) and when full will go inside a huge Steel Man statue that will overlook Sheffield a bit like the Angel of the North near Newcastle.

After I had my cardiac arrest whilst on a bike ride about 18 months ago my wife paid to have my name put on it as a Christmas present so we went to have a look and find my name.

Loving the 70's Leeds, Ian. :thumbsup: Very nice paintwork. Really clean-looking team.
[/quote]

See what you did there mate. DIRTY Leeds. :lol!:

Paul
Apprentice
Posts: 162
Joined: 02 Feb 2018, 20:49

Re: cityfan247 - Custom Paint Jobs

Post by Paul » 08 Mar 2019, 17:00

cityfan247 wrote:
08 Mar 2019, 16:48
Well the deal this time was shopping time was limited to a couple of hours!! I can just about handle that. Had a nice Thai meal as well upstairs.

Actually the main reason was to go and see the Heart of Steel . https://www.meadowhall.co.uk/news-event ... OUwBKRL.97

The plan is this will have people's names engraved on it (for charity) and when full will go inside a huge Steel Man statue that will overlook Sheffield a bit like the Angel of the North near Newcastle.

After I had my cardiac arrest whilst on a bike ride about 18 months ago my wife paid to have my name put on it as a Christmas present so we went to have a look and find my name.

Really sorry to hear about the cardiac arrest, Ian. Didn't know about that. (Haven't been to Renishaw for a couple of years). That must have happened shortly after we'd had a natter in Meadowhall that time. Hope you've made a good recovery, mate. :thumbsup:
Bikes, eh. Great to ride 'em, but they're bl@@dy dangerous.
Carpet football sucks.

Paul
Apprentice
Posts: 162
Joined: 02 Feb 2018, 20:49

Re: cityfan247 - Custom Paint Jobs

Post by Paul » 08 Mar 2019, 17:03

cityfan247 wrote:
08 Mar 2019, 16:48

Loving the 70's Leeds, Ian. :thumbsup: Very nice paintwork. Really clean-looking team.
See what you did there mate. DIRTY Leeds. :lol!:
[/quote]

Ha-ha. You spotted it. Nice one. :D
Carpet football sucks.

cityfan247
ISF Subscriber 2019-2020
ISF Subscriber 2019-2020
Posts: 868
Joined: 03 Aug 2008, 19:17

Re: cityfan247 - Custom Paint Jobs

Post by cityfan247 » 08 Mar 2019, 17:06

I'm getting there fella. I was very lucky. It was a charity ride setting off from near London. The chap just behind was a heart doctor would you believe!
He basically revived me and saved my life by the side of the road.

I am back on the bike but not doing anywhere near the distances I was. Do 25-30 miles these days. Thats enough for me but I am fine with that.

cityfan247
ISF Subscriber 2019-2020
ISF Subscriber 2019-2020
Posts: 868
Joined: 03 Aug 2008, 19:17

Re: cityfan247 - Custom Paint Jobs

Post by cityfan247 » 12 Mar 2019, 13:39

Stripped down some old Subbuteo figures.

1FC Magdeburg circa 1976-77
Attachments
Magdeburg .jpg
Magdeburg .jpg (131.55 KiB) Viewed 2459 times

User avatar
Saxony
Professional
Posts: 556
Joined: 05 Mar 2011, 23:59
Location: England
Contact:

Re: cityfan247 - Custom Paint Jobs

Post by Saxony » 13 Mar 2019, 14:04

Nice, always a pleasure looking at your latest teams

cityfan247
ISF Subscriber 2019-2020
ISF Subscriber 2019-2020
Posts: 868
Joined: 03 Aug 2008, 19:17

Re: cityfan247 - Custom Paint Jobs

Post by cityfan247 » 15 Mar 2019, 12:16

Thank you mate. Glad you like 'em.

cityfan247
ISF Subscriber 2019-2020
ISF Subscriber 2019-2020
Posts: 868
Joined: 03 Aug 2008, 19:17

Re: cityfan247 - Custom Paint Jobs

Post by cityfan247 » 29 Mar 2019, 15:38

Another stripped down set of original Subbuteo figures.

This time painted up as Tottenham Hotspur 1978 ...Kent style as always.

Some nice original navy/white bases.
Attachments
Spurs 1978.jpeg
Spurs 1978.jpeg (126.43 KiB) Viewed 2258 times


cityfan247
ISF Subscriber 2019-2020
ISF Subscriber 2019-2020
Posts: 868
Joined: 03 Aug 2008, 19:17

Re: cityfan247 - Custom Paint Jobs

Post by cityfan247 » 28 Apr 2019, 19:30

cheers mate

Post Reply

Return to “Members Custom Paint Jobs”