Welcome to the Forum

The place to for general Subbuteo threads.
Peterparry
Forum Newbie

Re: Welcome to the Forum

Post by Peterparry »

krama wrote:
02 Apr 2020, 13:19
Welcome to the forum PP. Well done on getting back into SUBBUTEO again. You'll love it just as much second time round.
Cheers
MarkA.
Cheers Mark so far so good

subbuteocollector
Forum Newbie

Post by subbuteocollector »

Paul wrote:
01 Apr 2020, 15:33
Welcome to the forum, everybody. It's a bit quieter on here than it used to be a few years ago. Some people still post though and if you've got any questions then somebody will usually come up with the answer.
In the meantime, check out :-

Peter Upton's website.
Little plastic men, subbuteo website.
Celticdream.it website.

And mingardo site for lightweight stuff.

YouTube for "Youbbuteo" and "Table Football Monthly".
Thanks for shout out about Youbbuteo

chambey
Forum Newbie

Post by chambey »

hi all. New member but an old git so I hope this is the right place to say hello. I got my first set for Christmas in 1975 - a total surprise as i'd wanted a scalextric. However from that moment i was hooked. I joined the newly formed Colchester Table Soccer League a few years later and played in some ETSA events during the early eighties before parenthood etc took over and i lost touch. Re-connecting with an old mate from the CTSL a few years ago I got the old box of stuff out of the loft and was hooked once again. Far too many raised eyebrows from my wife whenever a package arrives in the post - most recently some lovely Victorian teams from Santiago and an absolutely gorgeous Luton Town 2019 from Top Spin. Looking forward to exploring the forum - thanks for reading!!
Ref 169 was the greatest kit ever

Paul
ISF Subscriber 2020-2021
ISF Subscriber 2020-2021

Post by Paul »

Welcome to the forum, Chambey. :wave:
Most of us on here are old(-ish) gits. Some stuck with Subbuteo through the years, some (me included) like you have, got back into it after a hiatus of a few years. If you need to ask anything then get a thread started; somebody will usually know the answer.
Carpet football sucks.

rossobantam
ISF Subscriber 2020-2021
ISF Subscriber 2020-2021

Post by rossobantam »

welcome!

echoing Paul's comments, I too put away so-called 'childish' things when work/kids etc took over life....time moves on, kids move out, money situation improves...things long-forgotten in cupboards are re-found & dusted off, and hey presto childhood resumes :clap: :clap:

Tons of reading material on here to keep you occupied.
Dave

therecklessone
Forum Newbie

Post by therecklessone »

Hi all, new member here.

Started playing Subbuteo in my early teens in the late 80s and early 90s, first purchase was the daddy of Grandstand box sets 60250 which I still have (minus the TV tower and the box itself) even if it fell into disuse.

Like a lot I got interested again with covid lockdown, and have picked up a good few teams.

Next purchase is a Pegasus astroturf so I can start playing with my eldest boy, he's only 4 in September but hes mad keen :lol!:

krama
ISF Subscriber 2020-2021
ISF Subscriber 2020-2021

Post by krama »

Welcome reckless, and welcome back to Subbuteo. Good on you for getting the next generation interested!
MA.

Return to “General and Collecting Topics”