Save The Forum with The Subbuteo Show

The place to for general Subbuteo threads.
subbuteocollector
Apprentice

Save The Forum with The Subbuteo Show

Post by subbuteocollector »

Hey ,

You might be here because you've come from The Subbuteo Show Community episode, or might be here because you've seen the title.

Anyway, us on the show want to bring the Forum back to life. It's a great place, but without users it won't last forever.

Who's with us then to save the Forum.

So, feel free to say why you are here, what you out the forum and if you've not been here for a while, why you went away.

Oh, and in case you don't know what the subbuteo show is... here you go (sorry for the shameless plughttps://www.youtube.com/c/NetFlicksTheSubbuteoShow Sorry for the shameless plug
BlackpoolRock
ISF Subscriber 2021-22
ISF Subscriber 2021-22

Re: Save The Forum with The Subbuteo Show

Post by BlackpoolRock »

I'm here because I visited the forum and immediately saw topic and post.

I know that I'm rather vintage these days, and my ICT skills are weak, to say the least. However, since my latest return to Subbuteo, this forum has done much to help me feel part of a community. It would be a shame, and big loss, if it was to disappear.

It's encouraging to know that personalities like yourselves also support this forum, and I therefore wish you the very best of luck, although don't feel I can provide much practical help.

Again, good luck and best wishes for this project.
subbuteocollector
Apprentice

Very kind words pal thank, we just talk and hope people enjoy. We are in this for Subbuteo, and defo not ourselves. This is all about getting the community here and together as one and I love how the forum has helped you along.
Silverfox63
Forum Newbie

Post by Silverfox63 »

Wholeheartedly agree with the sentiments regards keeping the forum going.
Too much stuff on here that would be criminal to lose.
Lurked on here for years and took the plunge last year. Hopefully it will remain a key part of the community.

Keep up the good work
WestleyWanderers
Forum Newbie

Post by WestleyWanderers »

The forum retains a valuable role, as eloquently explored by the boys on Netflicks
subbuteocollector
Apprentice

WestleyWanderers wrote: 18 Mar 2021, 21:19 The forum retains a valuable role, as eloquently explored by the boys on Netflicks
Never been called eloquent before lol. But thank you buddy lol
Wacca
ISF Subscriber 2021-22
ISF Subscriber 2021-22

Post by Wacca »

I have used the ISF for years for information, and post on the odd occasion. I do watch a load of YouTube and am so glad that this has been raised as a topic by yourselves, and the fact that the site has been spoken of so fondly. This site is a goldmine of information and to lose it would be a tragedy.
Just watching your show put out tonight gives me some genuine hope that influencers such as yourselves can reinvigorate and put the site back in the spotlight.

Well done for everything that you are doing as well. The Hobby is a brilliant publication, and all of your YouTube videos (either solo or collectively) are entertaining and really well put together.
namdoogs
Forum Newbie

Post by namdoogs »

Hello mate - I came straight here from the Netflicks show - never posted on this forum before today although I realised on coming back here that I had actually registered a year ago. So now I have joined properly and made a couple of posts - in the Newfooty section! Also managed to create a valid 'avatar'. So as this is primarily a Subbuteo forum here's a couple of pictures of a recent purchase - entitled 'name the mystery yellow object in this 1952/53 Combination Set'. Is it:
a) A very old Subbuteo base (no slot for the figure?) mad from a button as per Peter Adolph's very early production
b) Half a ball (seem unlikely)
c) Actually just a yellow button (you can see the hole for the thread if you look closely)
d) Something else
e) Also what about the metal flags - Subbuteo or if not then any thoughts on what game they are from?
I don't know - so answers on a post(card) please if anyone has any ideas.
Cheers. :fadein:
P1010626.JPG
P1010626.JPG (134.85 KiB) Viewed 1166 times
P1010625.JPG
P1010625.JPG (165.81 KiB) Viewed 1166 times
hargy
Forum Newbie

Post by hargy »

Good to see this thread appear.

Joined yonks ago - well before 2017 as it says in my profile

Came here out of interest after deciding I should take my collection out its packing box where it had been for over 35 years and travelled half-way round the world when I emigrated from the UK, and stack everything on shelves. Was looking various subby sites at the time then fell into ebay and added a few teams (luckily not at the exorbitant prices as now) then once I was satisfied, things just sat except for the odd time I'd show any interested friends/family.

These days I have the winter months off. With Covid limiting things to do, plus with a spare table available I set up again. Football, rugby and cricket. 1st up was a decision to finish the league I started in the mid-70's which i did before Xmas. And so it's gone on and I have a couple of threads on solo play on here plus various bits and bobs on relevant Facebook groups.

I think this forum is good and should be a central point for participants. Excellent reference source, of course, but also good to see what others are up to and to exchange ideas. I think the forum gives a chance for more detailed discussions than Facebook allows and a read back through the threads from the past shows the amount of useful info that's out there
Gullseye
Grand Master

Post by Gullseye »

I started posting on here in 2009 and the only reason I went to Facebook was because everyone else was slowly leaving. Its a great idea to get people to come back here particularly as there is a lot of 'new blood' now. I'm beginning to get turned off by Facebook being completely flooded and so many fractured groups setting up and posts only being around for a day or so. Great idea to suggest we revive this forum.
skell
Grand Master

Post by skell »

I think Gully has stole my thunder really and said it all in his previous post.I came on here in 2009 and quite frankly I loved it ,the first thing I did when I came home from work was click on the Forum to see what was going on.I would hate to see the forum fold so this is a great shot in the arm ( no pun intended with what is going on in the world at the minute) for it.Well done to the guys on the Subbuteo Show , it’s a great watch keep it going.I will do my bit to post my new stuff on here as I am guilty of being a Lemming and just buggered off like everyone else.
Silverfox63
Forum Newbie

Post by Silverfox63 »

namdoogs wrote: 18 Mar 2021, 22:53 Hello mate - I came straight here from the Netflicks show - never posted on this forum before today although I realised on coming back here that I had actually registered a year ago. So now I have joined properly and made a couple of posts - in the Newfooty section! Also managed to create a valid 'avatar'. So as this is primarily a Subbuteo forum here's a couple of pictures of a recent purchase - entitled 'name the mystery yellow object in this 1952/53 Combination Set'. Is it:
a) A very old Subbuteo base (no slot for the figure?) mad from a button as per Peter Adolph's very early production
b) Half a ball (seem unlikely)
c) Actually just a yellow button (you can see the hole for the thread if you look closely)
d) Something else
e) Also what about the metal flags - Subbuteo or if not then any thoughts on what game they are from?
I don't know - so answers on a post(card) please if anyone has any ideas.
Cheers. :fadein:
P1010626.JPGP1010625.JPG
The button does look a likely candidate from an early set. I had a couple of red ones that were identical.
The red and yellow ball looks like an early new footy ball. I owned a few early 50s sets with this type of ball in. As for your white flags I picked up a blow football set from the pre war era that had the exact same item in them. The two big toy soldier manufacturers of the day "W Britains" and "JoHillCo" produced them for use by other companies. They also produced their own football figures and the flags would be included with the footballer figures.

Hope the above helps a little further.

The button is a nice shade of "Yello" ;-)
krama
ISF Subscriber 2021-22
ISF Subscriber 2021-22

Post by krama »

This forum is a great place for all Subbuteo stuff. Please use it chaps, and ditch the social media stuff once and for all. As someone said, don't be a lemming...or a sheep for that matter! :lol!:
MarkA.
chickster25
Forum Newbie

Post by chickster25 »

I support the forum and hope we can get more people posting on here. I refuse to use FB so let’s try and entice those users over here. Sadly a lot of content and photos were lost from here, so let’s start building again and get some unique content and photos of our great hobby on these pages to share with the community.
stuarttallon
Forum Newbie

Post by stuarttallon »

I m the same as the other posters. I went to Facebook because the forum was slowly dying and the loss of many years' worth of photos of teams, stadiums, collections etc was heartbreaking and another reason not to visit as often as I used to. I am certainly happy to get the band back together and resurrect the forum!
Growing old is compulsory - growing up is optional.

Return to “General and Collecting Topics”