Throw in on a 5 a side Pegasus pitch?

The place for threads about playing tactics/techniques/rules etc.
Supergluedlegs
Forum Newbie

Throw in on a 5 a side Pegasus pitch?

Post by Supergluedlegs »

Is there an alternative way of conducting a throw in on a Pegasus 5 a side pitch?

We’ve not played for ages and are really struggling to keep the ball in play direct from throw ins by pinching the ball using the inside of index finger and thumb above a player’s head.

I’ve not got the space to play on a bigger pitch unfortunately and too often the flow of a game is being interrupted by awful throw ins.

Any suggestions apart from practicing :D ?
BlackpoolRock
ISF Subscriber 2021-22
ISF Subscriber 2021-22

Re: Throw in on a 5 a side Pegasus pitch?

Post by BlackpoolRock »

I've never played on, or even seen a Pegasus 5 a side pitch (apart from on SubbuteoWorld's photo) so I'm uncertain of how much room there is, but perhaps you could try the original rule, before the throw in figures arrived.

Place the player almost alongside the ball. Flick the player gently, to strike the ball slightly off-centre into the field of play, almost parallel to the touchline, and ensure the player stays behind the line.

If you, at first, find the ball travels too far, (say, half the length of the pitch) you could either call it a foul throw (not much use if the opposition then has the same problem) or just allow possession to go to the opposition.

Hope this helps.
Supergluedlegs
Forum Newbie

Post by Supergluedlegs »

Thanks Blackpool Rock, I will try that.
Donegal Subbuteo
ISF Subscriber 2021-22
ISF Subscriber 2021-22

Post by Donegal Subbuteo »

Slightly off topic here but having to make sure a figure doesn't cross the line after a throw in caused big delays in some of our matches. So we abandoned the rule as it was totally pointless anyway, in my opinion.
http://www.donegalsubbuteo.webs.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; http://www.Facebook.com/donegalsubbuteo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; e-mail donegalsubbuteo@hotmail.com
Ralph1
ISF Subscriber 2021-22
ISF Subscriber 2021-22

Post by Ralph1 »

Donegal Subbuteo wrote: 05 Apr 2021, 16:04 Slightly off topic here but having to make sure a figure doesn't cross the line after a throw in caused big delays in some of our matches. So we abandoned the rule as it was totally pointless anyway, in my opinion.
Yes it is an odd rule in many ways . Ok in real football a player stops to release the ball but is then able to enter the field of play rather than keep off the pitch until someone else plays the ball ? that said it doesn’t take a lot of practice to get used to the advanced/OS rule . In truth it is the kind of thing I’d turn a blind eye to .... IF I was winning !!
Donegal Subbuteo
ISF Subscriber 2021-22
ISF Subscriber 2021-22

Post by Donegal Subbuteo »

I agree with you Ralph. I'd also like to say that I much prefer the old and advanced rules compared to fistf.
Although I also think that the game could benefit from a mixture of the rules. By taking the best of both codes to create or encourage a more attacking and positive approach.
http://www.donegalsubbuteo.webs.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; http://www.Facebook.com/donegalsubbuteo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; e-mail donegalsubbuteo@hotmail.com
BlackpoolRock
ISF Subscriber 2021-22
ISF Subscriber 2021-22

Post by BlackpoolRock »

I think one of the purposes of the original rule was to prevent a throw in from travelling too far.

It's hardly a serious offence if the figure, through lack of space, follows the ball a short distance onto the pitch (house rules could allow for that), although I can't understand why a throw in should be allowed to become an indirect free kick from outside the playing area.
Ralph1
ISF Subscriber 2021-22
ISF Subscriber 2021-22

Post by Ralph1 »

Yes .. on a full size pitch we just play the adjacent quarter rule - any further and it is deemed a foul throw and yes we get these players in the real world from time to time who can seemingly launch a ball from the high street into the penalty area but we use an accepted agreement that throw ins do not travel beyond half the width of the pitch either or again it is deemed a foul throw ...

I've never played on a Pegasus 5 aside I've got the Football Express so no throw ins ... I did have a Top Scorer set once I can't recall what we did with that throw ins wise ?

Return to “Playing: Rules/Techniques/Tactics Section”