General eBaying

The place for Ebay related Subbuteo topics (excluding auction advertising).
PeteJS
ISF Subscriber 2020-2021
ISF Subscriber 2020-2021

General eBaying

Post by PeteJS »

Having not used eBay for selling for a while, is it me or does anyone else think general eBaying has got worse? I sold a quite expensive board game recently, I asked the seller if everything was OK as I could see it was received. Not a peep. I could understand if it was a 5 pound item, but it wasn't.
And no feedback either. It's just common courtesy isn't?
Current spares: Brescia x2 light blue inner, white outer, PMs please if you can help.

SIDAZALEL
Forum Newbie

Re: General eBaying

Post by SIDAZALEL »

Hi,
What annoys me on eBay, is that sellers wait to see if and what feedback the buyer leaves before they leave their own feedback, if I pay immediately, then surely I should get positive feedback, not have to wait, sometimes 2 weeks to receive an item, and then feedback,obviously Covid is affecting deliveries, but I constantly take that into consideration, sometimes sellers never leave any feedback at all, but there are probably buyers out there, that do the same.

PeteJS
ISF Subscriber 2020-2021
ISF Subscriber 2020-2021

Post by PeteJS »

SIDAZALEL wrote:
24 Jul 2020, 13:23
Hi,
What annoys me on eBay, is that sellers wait to see if and what feedback the buyer leaves before they leave their own feedback, if I pay immediately, then surely I should get positive feedback, not have to wait, sometimes 2 weeks to receive an item, and then feedback,obviously Covid is affecting deliveries, but I constantly take that into consideration, sometimes sellers never leave any feedback at all, but there are probably buyers out there, that do the same.
I always leave my standard sellers feedback, it just comments you've paid immediately and hope to trade again. This I do once I dispatch the item.
As a seller you can't leave any other feedback nowadays, which does mean seller's feedback is a crock of sh*t. You can't add that the buyer became a pain in the bottom due to the fact one of the figures had a little bit extra glue around it. Seller's feedback might as well be automated by eBay once payment received.
If I had all the feedback I was due as a seller I'd have about 200-300 more points. However not to even let me know you've received an expensive board game, is a poor show really.
Current spares: Brescia x2 light blue inner, white outer, PMs please if you can help.

mrchrisallen
ISF Subscriber 2020-2021
ISF Subscriber 2020-2021

Post by mrchrisallen »

I've not used Ebay (as a seller) for maybe over a year. That may be because my "Wanted Ads" in UK papers went dry and not much came in.
I'm planning to retire next year, so may well get more into it, especially if we move house.

I tend to assume that "no news is good news", so if someone doesn't leave feedback it's due to lethargy,

I've been guilty of that myself.

Chris

rossobantam
ISF Subscriber 2020-2021
ISF Subscriber 2020-2021

Post by rossobantam »

yeh its annoying....I send them a gentle polite reminder which usually works

Dave

Return to “Subbuteo on Ebay”