Welcome to the Forum

The place to for general Subbuteo threads.
BlackpoolRock
ISF Subscriber 2020-2021
ISF Subscriber 2020-2021

Re: Welcome to the Forum

Post by BlackpoolRock »

Welcome to the forum, Rob. May your return to the game prove to be enjoyable and rewarding.

My introduction to the game was possibly a little earlier than yours, but I only became acquainted to the joys of playing with flats about eighteen months ago, and instantly became hooked!

Good luck, and please keep us informed.

saintspen
Forum Newbie

Post by saintspen »

Hi would like to start playing subbuteo again .....played a lot in my youth and im 54 now! Is there any clubsin southampton area ?

bikediablo
Forum Newbie

Post by bikediablo »

Hi I am an Italian Subbuteo fan.

I am interested in cataloging of miniature.

Thanks for adding me.
marco

krama
ISF Subscriber 2020-2021
ISF Subscriber 2020-2021

Post by krama »

Welcome to the SUBBUTEO forum saintspen and marco.

ZhuBajiee
Forum Newbie

Post by ZhuBajiee »

Hello! Just got my log-in accepted. Complete newbie to the world of Subbuteo.

BlackpoolRock
ISF Subscriber 2020-2021
ISF Subscriber 2020-2021

Post by BlackpoolRock »

Welcome, ZhuBajee.

You'll almost certainly find plenty of interesting reading in various parts of this forum, which hopefully will trigger much interest. Any questions you you wish to ask, just put them on here, and you're likely to get helpful advice from various folk. Happy times ahead, we trust.

Paul
ISF Subscriber 2020-2021
ISF Subscriber 2020-2021

Post by Paul »

Welcome to the forum.
Anything you want to know then get posting, Zhu. Somebody will soon get around to answering any queries that you've got.
Carpet football sucks.

Schicchi1974
Forum Newbie

Post by Schicchi1974 »

my name is Francesco (Frank vabethed the same :-))I am a lover of the subbuteo (you never stop learning)and collector,I hope to learn as much as possible and bealso help,be patient of my bad English..Regards

superheavyweight
Forum Newbie

Post by superheavyweight »

New Joiner.

Alas all that remained of my collection (started in 1979 with then new, World Cup Edition, zombies) was a manky smelling baize pitch and a few repainted Zombies, and two each of HW and LW teams I wanted to keep. I still have a boxed pair of European goals, but opening them this week for the first time in years, it seems to have lost a crossbar somehow/somewhere after spending the last thirty years in at least three different lofts. Everything else I sold circa 2006 when I lived in a much smaller house. Mostly it was teams, as all the accessories I had owned, got swapped for teams once my brother and i got an Astropitch circa 1984/5. Then we just wanted to play and wanted teams. Most of the kids we knew wanted the accessories so we swapped and between us had enough teams to run tournaments with 8 groups of 4, then knockout - our favourite format and could be played over a couple of days). I even got rid of my fencing as the corners of our kitchen table were rounded and though the pitch fitted, the fence didn't, so that was swapped for a team as well.

So I have bought quite a few sets recently and am liking the Zeugo stuff, but have bought some newer Subbuteo sets as well as they are very cheap and some of the Hasbro sets in mint condition that are unloved and unplayed with, I also can't resist if they are cheap. Plus I have never seen most of these sets before, so they are sort of new to me. Have some of the new Lamond stuff, but have not yet tried playing a game with these sets yet, but they look alright to me.

Peterparry
Forum Newbie

Post by Peterparry »

Morning all,

I have recently blown the dust off my club edition set 93-95 to get my sons involved. I bought this set about ten years ago from ebay and left it in the cupboard. I also bought a lovely hand painted Brazil team from Santiago. I have had a look and they are still going!

My first set was given to me by my grandparents many years ago. The 1970s set with the brown nets. It was my uncles i believe. As a youngster i collected many bits and pieces alongside my Saturday morning trips to Beatties in Lewisham to buy my new teams with my pocket money.

If i only had some of the stuff i bought as a youngster. I see that some of the rarer items are rising massively in price these day.

Hope to speak to you all as time goes by.

Stay safe!

Paul
ISF Subscriber 2020-2021
ISF Subscriber 2020-2021

Post by Paul »

Welcome to the forum, everybody. It's a bit quieter on here than it used to be a few years ago. Some people still post though and if you've got any questions then somebody will usually come up with the answer.
In the meantime, check out :-

Peter Upton's website.
Little plastic men, subbuteo website.
Celticdream.it website.

And mingardo site for lightweight stuff.

YouTube for "Youbbuteo" and "Table Football Monthly".
Carpet football sucks.

Peterparry
Forum Newbie

Post by Peterparry »

Paul wrote:
01 Apr 2020, 15:33
Welcome to the forum, everybody. It's a bit quieter on here than it used to be a few years ago. Some people still post though and if you've got any questions then somebody will usually come up with the answer.
In the meantime, check out :-

Peter Upton's website.
Little plastic men, subbuteo website.
Celticdream.it website.

And mingardo site for lightweight stuff.

YouTube for "Youbbuteo" and "Table Football Monthly".

Once again Paul thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

BlackpoolRock
ISF Subscriber 2020-2021
ISF Subscriber 2020-2021

Post by BlackpoolRock »

Welcome to the forum, PP. May you have at least as much fun from the game now as you had a generation ago.

Subbuteo may not be as high profile as it was back then, but you will be able to find much advice on here relating to whatever aspect of the game, and the ways it is now played, that you enjoy most.

Peterparry
Forum Newbie

Post by Peterparry »

BlackpoolRock wrote:
01 Apr 2020, 20:10
Welcome to the forum, PP. May you have at least as much fun from the game now as you had a generation ago.

Subbuteo may not be as high profile as it was back then, but you will be able to find much advice on here relating to whatever aspect of the game, and the ways it is now played, that you enjoy most.
Cheers BPR ive been reading a little bit everyday/evening to get my hand back in.

Just buying a few bits and pieces here and there to get myself up and running again. New mitre delta and Adidas tango balls, few LW teams from ebay to give me a bit of choice.

Who knows i may even try to paint a few teams of my own!

krama
ISF Subscriber 2020-2021
ISF Subscriber 2020-2021

Post by krama »

Welcome to the forum PP. Well done on getting back into SUBBUTEO again. You'll love it just as much second time round.
Cheers
MarkA.

Return to “General and Collecting Topics”