Customs fees Italy

The place for Ebay related Subbuteo topics (excluding auction advertising).
ian_tambo
Seasoned Professional

Re: Customs fees Italy

Post by ian_tambo »

Thanks for the updates gents, hope everyone keeping well

Contacted eBay as suggested Jon and they removed negative feedback.
Jon Rosten
Grand Master

Post by Jon Rosten »

Nice work tambo
PeteJS
ISF Subscriber 2021-22
ISF Subscriber 2021-22

Post by PeteJS »

I see eBay is trying to move everyone over to the global shipping programme. This is so you "automatically" pay VAT on items below 150 and also have a swifter shipping experience by clearing customs with an eBay customers number. This method can be avoided but you need to register with Royal Mail, otherwise your buyer could easily pay 2x VAT.
Check the latest eBay mail for more details. Changes happen at the end of this month.
Current spares: Brescia x2 light blue inner, white outer, PMs please if you can help.
Ralph1

Post by Ralph1 »

I’ve given up on eBay
barrychuckle
Grand Master

Post by barrychuckle »

I haven't. Prices went sky high during lockdown made an absolute killing. Mind you I don't sell to overseas buyers much less stressful.
cityfan247
Professional

Post by cityfan247 »

I took the decision a few years ago not to sell to anyone overseas on ebay. Just not worth the hassle imo and the current custom situation does not help.

Always the buyer responsibility. Buyer should be aware of potential fees they may incur before they buy.

I continue to sell to trusted people in Italy , Greece and a few other places but not on ebay.

I have bought some things on ebay and off ebay from Europe in the last few months and so far been able to avoid any custom charges. Part may just be luck and the randomness of the fees but what I do with those who i trust and have dealt with before is to declare a lower sum of value on the custom forms that maybe the actual value. I dont think the authorities are too bothered about lower value items say under £100.
Greenwichblue
Forum Newbie

Post by Greenwichblue »

Hi there
I’ve had the same request ( lower the value to £20) from a buyer in Salerno named Greco. I don’t know him from soap and put on the eBay lot ‘All fees/customs to be paid by buyer’
He tells me all English sellers do it (sent photos!)
I’m thinking no: I break the law and I can be the only loser
rossobantam
ISF Subscriber 2021-22
ISF Subscriber 2021-22

Post by rossobantam »

Greenwichblue wrote: 12 Oct 2021, 09:28 Hi there
I’ve had the same request ( lower the value to £20) from a buyer in Salerno named Greco. I don’t know him from soap and put on the eBay lot ‘All fees/customs to be paid by buyer’
He tells me all English sellers do it (sent photos!)
I’m thinking no: I break the law and I can be the only loser

see earlier posts in this thread....he's well known ;-) :evil:

avoid him ...if it was me I'd cancel any bids he places

Dave
Greenwichblue
Forum Newbie

Post by Greenwichblue »

Cancelled and refunded, much to his chagrin!
He goes by the name massi-1976 as well as the many others if anyone wants to exclude. Is there a block list blog?
krama
ISF Subscriber 2021-22
ISF Subscriber 2021-22

Post by krama »

Never had any issues selling to Italians or anyone abroad using GSP. All very straightforward and they all seem to understand their commitment to any fees incurred. Maybe i'm just fortunate. :?

Return to “Subbuteo on Ebay”