Zombie Kilmarnock - ref 190

The place to post facts and information about the production of Subbuteo and its variations.
Ash70
Forum Newbie

Zombie Kilmarnock - ref 190

Post by Ash70 »

I put a pic up of my zombie Killie team in the reference section as I noticed a ref 190 wasn't there.
20211019_114455 (2).jpg
20211019_114455 (2).jpg (51.64 KiB) Viewed 140 times
It's a hand painted version. Bought in a toy shop in Paisley a lifetime ago ;-) As usual one player made his getaway through the hole where the clear plastic used to be. I re-painted a std blue player, but I'm going to have to find a better faded blue to match the others, as my blue is far too bright.

I noticed there wasn't a pic of this team on Peter Upton's wonderfull site. But then zombies aren't terribly exciting to the majority, even if they play rather well.

Ash.
krama
ISF Subscriber 2021-22
ISF Subscriber 2021-22

Re: Zombie Kilmarnock - ref 190

Post by krama »

Very nice. Always thought that Kilmarnock wore black/white stripes/white shorts though? Clearly i'm wrong.
Never played with Zombie figures tbh. Will give it a go.
Ash70
Forum Newbie

Post by Ash70 »

Hi.
For the last 30 yrs or so, they've played in some variation of blue/white stripes, but i always remember them in hoops as a youngster.

Black/white stripes in the scottish divisions are St. Mirren and Dunfermline. At least I think those are the only two of the established clubs? Not sure of the most recent teams that have come up through the pyramid system.

The zombies play very well i reckon. Spinning and curling is a doddle, but being light they do fall, over slightly longer distances, but that's never really bothered me. Just recently, after playing with a heavy 18mm ball, i found my old subbuteo 18mm's. Much lighter and the zombies chip this ball easily, unlike the heavy ball, which which I rarely could.
krama
ISF Subscriber 2021-22
ISF Subscriber 2021-22

Post by krama »

Thanks. I always get confused with Scottish clubs. I might have been thinking of Dunfermline? I know Morton play in blue and white hoops!...or did. Will try some zombies if i can find any, thanks.

Return to “Reference Section”