75th ANNIVERSARY OF SUBBUTEO IN 2022

The place to for general Subbuteo threads.
Silverfox63
Forum Newbie

75th ANNIVERSARY OF SUBBUTEO IN 2022

Post by Silverfox63 »

As well as our glorious Queen celebrating a platinum jubilee in the summer of 2022.
Our beloved Subbuteo is 75 years old in 2022.

Surely there will be something planned.
I have heard nothing and a number of collectors I have spoken to likewise.

You would like to think that there is something in the pipeline with mainstream media outlets.
It means my "Collectors Lot" outing is now 25 years old, (wheres the time gone) I must upload it to YouTube sometime.
Likewise Richard Payne`s book "Fifty Years of Flicking Football" is also 25 years old.

Needs a documentary doing with the likes of Stelling or Lineker at the helm. About an or so long with loads of archive stuff, views of collections and interviews with players, collectors and fans of the game.

And a book, with loads of pictures.

Pipe dreams but you never know.
krama
ISF Subscriber 2021-22
ISF Subscriber 2021-22

Re: 75th ANNIVERSARY OF SUBBUTEO IN 2022

Post by krama »

If there's nothing in the pipeline, (i've not heard anything either) then I would suspect that getting something out there by next year to the scale you are suggesting, would be a tall order. Just the media stuff I have been involved with over the years has had a lead time of about 3-4 months.
Would be nice though wouldn't it...never occurred to me it would be 75 years. Thanks for highlighting it!!
MA.
HPL17
Apprentice

Re: 75th ANNIVERSARY OF SUBBUTEO IN 2022

Post by HPL17 »

A shame if nothing would be done to remember this occasion. An edition like La Leggenda in Italy did would have been fantastic.

Return to “General and Collecting Topics”