Subbuteo News Magazines

Barnesy68
Forum Newbie

Subbuteo News Magazines

Post by Barnesy68 »

Hello,this is my first post on this excellent site,I'm looking to buy Subbuteo News Magazines issues 1- 10,I've got 11-18,does anyone know how many issues were printed in total ???? Hopefully someone out there can help us out,cheers Barnesy 68.
MrS

Re: Subbuteo News Magazines

Post by MrS »

I have issues 1,3,5,6,7,8

pm me an offer if thats any help.
Barnesy68
Forum Newbie

Post by Barnesy68 »

Thanks for your quick reply,that's great news,I've just bought 3 issues(10,11,12) off e-bay for £4.50,so how does £2.00 per magazine sound,cheers Barnesy.
Barnesy68
Forum Newbie

Post by Barnesy68 »

Still waiting for a reply about the offer on the newsletters !!!!
Flicker1995

Post by Flicker1995 »

Barnesy68 wrote:Hello,this is my first post on this excellent site,I'm looking to buy Subbuteo News Magazines issues 1- 10,I've got 11-18,does anyone know how many issues were printed in total ???? Hopefully someone out there can help us out,cheers Barnesy 68.
Hi

The first set of Subbuteo News ran for 21 issues, from the late 1970s to 1986. In the late 80s, there was another 4 issues (numbered 1 to 4, and in A4 format), then there was at least one more edition in the 1990s, but this was a simple A5-sized booklet magazine, rather than the newspaper or A4 format of earlier editions.

I'm on the look out for issues 6, 7 and 19 to complete the set, if anyone has them - originals would be good, but photocopies would suffice. I have a couple of doubles available to swap, else I can pay cash.

Thanks

Victor
Barnesy68
Forum Newbie

Post by Barnesy68 »

Thanks for your info regarding subbuteo news issues,think I'm only interested in the first 21,looks like I've got some way to go !!!! If your looking to sell your doubles I would I've to take them off your hands,let me know how much and hope to hear from you soon,once again thanks,cheers Barnesy.
Flicker1995

Post by Flicker1995 »

Barnesy68 wrote:Thanks for your info regarding subbuteo news issues,think I'm only interested in the first 21,looks like I've got some way to go !!!! If your looking to sell your doubles I would I've to take them off your hands,let me know how much and hope to hear from you soon,once again thanks,cheers Barnesy.
I had a look through my issues last night - the doubles are numbers 14, 15 and 16 only, so no good for you.

Coincidentally, issue 1 was published in September 1976. I have earlier Subbute/Table Soccer newsletters, magazines and handbooks(thanks to Lion, Chris Allen and FFS), but these are independent of the official Subbuteo company.

Any of the very old Subbuteo Bulletins (which were "official" Subbuteo publications), I'd also be interested in (copies or originals), if anyone has any of these.

Thanks

Victor
Barnesy68
Forum Newbie

Post by Barnesy68 »

Thanks for the info,very useful,the reason I'm after the earlier issues is that in 1981 i was Welsh subbuteo champion,runner up in 82(I quit after that) & I'm hoping that there is some details of my finest moment so that I can show my 9 yr old son,all I have is my trophy and my stories of when subbuteo was played the 'old school' way,the proper way in my opinion,swerving round players,real pitches none of this astropitch rubbish,and of course the 'classic heavyweight',great memories,think I might start growing my fingernail again !!!!! Once again thanks,hope to chat to you soon on this top website,cheers Barnesy.
Barnesy68
Forum Newbie

Post by Barnesy68 »

Thanks to MrS for sorting me out for subbuteo news issues,top man,issue 8 back page also a picture of me in the inside as well,my boy was well impressed,thanks again,cheers Barnesy.
MrS

Post by MrS »

Glad I could help.

Return to “Subbuteo Literature”